.22 Rimfire Run & Gun/Practical ranges/clubs

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Bang2Rights

.22 Rimfire Run & Gun/Practical ranges/clubs

#1 Post by Bang2Rights »

Hi all,

I'm considering a return to shooting, my background started in the ATC, Air Rifle and some clay shooting. Researching the shooting scene as it stands today, I've become increasingly enthusiastic about the Practical shooting discipline.

I recently tried the M&P 15-22 AR style rifle and found it fantastic fun. I'm now looking to further interest by joining a club that caters for this style of marksmanship. I was hoping forum members here could point me in the right direction. I'm based in Essex, however, it would appear some clubs have become inactive, at least on their websites anyway.

I would also like to know if any members here share my enthusiasm for this style of shooting. If I'm unable to find a club to suite my interest, I would consider launching a club that hosted run n gun/practical type events.

Many thanks.

Chris.
Tower75

Re: .22 Rimfire Run & Gun/Practical ranges/clubs

#2 Post by Tower75 »

Hi and welcome.

While I'm not into practical, my club has a practical section. We're based in Essex. I believe we're still taking new memebers, we've got 300+ and growing :good:

If you fancy some details let me know and I'll PM you the website and contact details.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

Harlow club is the one for you! Some of the best practical shooters in the country are there (but don't tell them that - they say it enough themselves!! :roll: :lol: )

http://www.minirifle.co.uk/
DVC
Bang2Rights

#4 Post by Bang2Rights »

Tower - Yes, please PM me, that'd be awsome!

Blackstuff - I've tried emailing Harlow, their website looked very much what I was after. Unfortunately no response yet. If anyone has a contact telephone number that would be good too!

Thanks!
techguy

#5 Post by techguy »

Is it just minirifle you want to shoot, or shotgun/multi-gun?
Bang2Rights

#6 Post by Bang2Rights »

I'm quite enthusiastic about the semi auto .22 AR type. I certainly don't want to promote the whole "Rambo" look. I'm quite familier with firearms, and genuinely find the potential of the practical discipline interesting.

I've done clay, I'm aware that there are Practical Shotgun clubs, but I prefer the precision shooting of rifle/pistol calibre.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

Bang2Rights wrote: Blackstuff - I've tried emailing Harlow, their website looked very much what I was after. Unfortunately no response yet. If anyone has a contact telephone number that would be good too!

Thanks!
Bloody cockneys, :roll: er, present company accepted of course . . . :grin: PM me your email/phone details and i'll forward them onto the big (k)nobs through the UKPSA website
DVC
Bang2Rights

#8 Post by Bang2Rights »

Tower - Thanks for the Prompt PM much appreciated. I can't seem to reply via PM, must need account confirming.

I emailed them this morning, waiting to hear. Please feel free to PM their number, I'll wait a few days see if they email me back first.

Blackstuff - I can't seem to PM out at mo, could you get a contact number PM'd to me at all please. I'm not looking to waste peoples time, so would be appreciated.
Tower75

#9 Post by Tower75 »

No worries. You need a set number of posts to be able to PM, it's either 5, or 10. You should hear quite quickly from the email front, but if not, let me know and I'll fling a number or two over :good:
Bang2Rights

#10 Post by Bang2Rights »

sign92

Good forum here, very helpfull.