GSG-5

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: GSG-5

#11 Post by Christel »

The PM sits in your outbox until it has been picked up by the recipient, then it gets moved to your sent box.

That does make sense because it shows you it has been read.
Lyons

#12 Post by Lyons »

Personally I think a sent message read or not read should be in the sent box so you know it's actually sent. But hey ho back to business
CormieAckImp

#13 Post by CormieAckImp »

Off topic regarding GSG sale but I have to agree with the OP regarding the "outbox". If I had a message sitting in my outbox I'd presume it hadn't gone to the recipient, as with most other messaging systems. The function you describe is more akin to "unread".

If that's the way it's configured, that's the way it's going to be but I agree that it's misleading.
M99

#14 Post by M99 »

CormieAckImp wrote:Off topic regarding GSG sale but I have to agree with the OP regarding the "outbox". If I had a message sitting in my outbox I'd presume it hadn't gone to the recipient, as with most other messaging systems. The function you describe is more akin to "unread".

If that's the way it's configured, that's the way it's going to be but I agree that it's misleading.
It is the way the software is written and nothing to do with the forum owners - if you have an issue take it up with phPBb.

It actually makes sense - because it has not been sent until it has been read - so sits in the outbox - too many people try and relate forums to MS poor e-mail systems.
CormieAckImp

#15 Post by CormieAckImp »

"If that's the way it's configured, that's the way it's going to be..."

I'm fairly sure that makes it clear I understand that the issue is with the software, and being that working with, and configuring, these kinds of systems is my fulltime job I'd like to think I have a basic handle on these things.

My opinion is that it is misleading, and If I'm not entitiled to that then it should perhaps be noted in the forum rules.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#16 Post by dromia »

Can we take this discussion to GoM please.

It is not helping the seller.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
556jo

#17 Post by 556jo »