Applying for my FAC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN

Re: Applying for my FAC

#11 Post by HALODIN »

That raises a question: If I have 2 x .22 rifles on the ticket, but only have one in the safe, does that mean I can buy 1 x (buy 500/keep 600) or 2 x (buy 500/keep 600). I originally had 1 x (buy 1000/keep 1200) but then I added the second bolt action .22 rifle and then the amount of ammo I was asking for looked excessive. Which way round should I do it?
TJC wrote:I would go for 1,000 rounds for the .22
HALODIN

#12 Post by HALODIN »

It's a good idea, but if I have a shelf rather than a lock top cabinet it might look a wee bit scrappy, where as I could probably get the finish I want with whatever carpet they use. Do you think acoustic cloth would be OK? I guess I could still spray mount it.

ovenpaa wrote:Use carpet tiles and spray mount or similar, they are cheap, robust, easily cut to size and it is easy to glue them into place individually.
HALODIN

#13 Post by HALODIN »

I'd like to get my FAC application in the post, but this small issue is holding me up. Does anyone know the answer to this please?
HALODIN wrote:That raises a question: If I have 2 x .22 rifles on the ticket, but only have one in the safe, does that mean I can buy 1 x (buy 500/keep 600) or 2 x (buy 500/keep 600). I originally had 1 x (buy 1000/keep 1200) but then I added the second bolt action .22 rifle and then the amount of ammo I was asking for looked excessive. Which way round should I do it?
HALODIN

#14 Post by HALODIN »

Or should I just go for this?

.22 Rifle - semi auto (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 1000/keep 1200
.22 Rifle - bolt action (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 500/keep 600
NitroJoe

#15 Post by NitroJoe »

HALODIN wrote:Or should I just go for this?

.22 Rifle - semi auto (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 1000/keep 1200
.22 Rifle - bolt action (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 500/keep 600

Does your licensing agency allow moderators for target shooting only? Mine doesn't, unless it's integral.

Why don't you just keep it simple and ask for 1500 buy/1800 keep in .22, there's no need to split it up for different rifles, except to make things complicated. The max .22 I was allowed for 2 rifles on my application was 1200/1000, no harm in asking for more though.
M99

#16 Post by M99 »

You will only get one Ammo allocation per calibre - so ask for 1000 buy 1200 hold - it does not matter if you have one or 10 22LRs - it will be one ammo allocation per FAC
HALODIN

#17 Post by HALODIN »

Thanks for the reply. I believe it does, but I guess the proof's in the pudding. The moderators aren't critical, but I thought I'd tick as many boxes as possible with the initial application.

Buy 1000/Keep 1200 would be fine with me. I'll take your advice and just put it down as total .22 ammo rather than on a per rifle basis.

Thanks! :good:
NitroJoe wrote:Does your licensing agency allow moderators for target shooting only? Mine doesn't, unless it's integral.

Why don't you just keep it simple and ask for 1500 buy/1800 keep in .22, there's no need to split it up for different rifles, except to make things complicated. The max .22 I was allowed for 2 rifles on my application was 1200/1000, no harm in asking for more though.
HALODIN

#18 Post by HALODIN »

Thanks for the clarification. Right it will be off in the post tomorrow morning!

Cheers,

Craig.
MiLisCer wrote:You will only get one Ammo allocation per calibre - so ask for 1000 buy 1200 hold - it does not matter if you have one or 10 22LRs - it will be one ammo allocation per FAC
NitroJoe

#19 Post by NitroJoe »

HALODIN wrote:Thanks for the reply. I believe it does, but I guess the proof's in the pudding. The moderators aren't critical, but I thought I'd tick as many boxes as possible with the initial application.

Buy 1000/Keep 1200 would be fine with me. I'll take your advice and just put it down as total .22 ammo rather than on a per rifle basis.

Thanks! :good:
Sounds like a plan, if you don't ask, you don't get! :good: I only stopped at 5 slots, because that was all the room they gave me on the form tongueout
HALODIN

#20 Post by HALODIN »

I might see how small I can get my writing... :grin:
NitroJoe wrote:Sounds like a plan, if you don't ask, you don't get! :good: I only stopped at 5 slots, because that was all the room they gave me on the form tongueout