Applying for my FAC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Morph

Re: Applying for my FAC

#21 Post by Morph »

I scanned my FAC application form & made it into a PDF, that way I could fill it in on the computer & make the font small enough to request :-
3 x .22lr Rifles with 3 x Moderators
1 x .22lr Long Barrel Pistol
1 x 357/38 Special Long Barrel Revolver
1 x .357/38 Special Under-lever Rifle
2 x .44 Muzzle Loading Revolvers
1 x 12 Bore Section 1 Shotgun

Ammunition
1000/1200 .22
450/600 .357/38
300/350 12 Bore Slugs

All received on first grant & in under a month turnaround :shakeshout:
HALODIN

#22 Post by HALODIN »

I tried that but accurately adding a text box though Adobe Acrobat was nearly impossible, it looked a right mess!

I've just sneaked in a .45 long barrel pistol for good measure :grin:

Hopefully everything will come though. fingerscrossed
Morph

#23 Post by Morph »

HALODIN wrote:I tried that but accurately adding a text box though Adobe Acrobat was nearly impossible, it looked a right mess!

If you havn't sent your application off yet what licenceing area is it? I may be able to get a copy of the form & digitise it to be filled in on screen if you want.

Also my FEO was fine with a small keypad safe but I think it must be a second generation as you can't bump it open.
But it's not my main ammo safe anyway tongueout

HALODIN

#24 Post by HALODIN »

Hi Morph,

I recognise those safes.... :grin: I post as warpig on the Umarex Boys Club Forum, you were the one who directed me here. Thanks again BTW! :good:

I've already hand written it, but thanks for the offer. It will be in the post first thing Monday morning and then comes the 10 week long wait with Northamptonshire constabulary...

Weren't you building an indoor range in your basement?
Morph wrote:If you havn't sent your application off yet what licenceing area is it? I may be able to get a copy of the form & digitise it to be filled in on screen if you want.

Also my FEO was fine with a small keypad safe but I think it must be a second generation as you can't bump it open.
But it's not my main ammo safe anyway tongueout
HALODIN

#25 Post by HALODIN »

My FEO just rang to arrange a visit next Tuesday. I only submitted my application a week or so ago, that's quicker than I thought. :shakeshout:
SevenSixTwo

#26 Post by SevenSixTwo »

^ Must move to where you are...
HALODIN

#27 Post by HALODIN »

If you bring your 7.62s with you, you're more than welcome!
SevenSixTwo wrote:^ Must move to where you are...
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#28 Post by 20series »

HALODIN wrote:My FEO just rang to arrange a visit next Tuesday. I only submitted my application a week or so ago, that's quicker than I thought. :shakeshout:
Good news ! hopefully the rest of the processing is as speedy :good:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dombo63

#29 Post by Dombo63 »

HALODIN wrote:My FEO just rang to arrange a visit next Tuesday. I only submitted my application a week or so ago, that's quicker than I thought. :shakeshout:
Make sure to get enough tea and biscuits in!
HALODIN

#30 Post by HALODIN »

I hope so, although I organised my application with military precision - making sure everything was correct, photos signed and my 2 references had pre-paid, pre-addressed envelops etc... I know the FEO was in contact with both references today as well, so touch wood, it's all going to plan!

We still haven't bumped in to each other at Barnwell, but once my FAC is in and I have my own .223/.303/.308 to shoot, I'll spend more time there. I'll pop over and say hello if I see you.

Cheers,

Craig.
20series wrote:Good news ! hopefully the rest of the processing is as speedy :good:

Alan