Applying for my FAC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN

Re: Applying for my FAC

#41 Post by HALODIN »

Many thanks, I've taken your advice. :good:
HALODIN

#42 Post by HALODIN »

My FLO has just left and I have to say I'm very pleased. As a concession I surrendered the .44 and the .45 ACP from my FAC application, which is fine, I'll add those as variations in a year or so if I still want them. What's important is it looks like I have the full bore calibres I requested on the basis of "Historical and Classic" and "F Class FTR" competitive shooting at Bisley. Right I just need to print of the NRA form...

The only requested was I bolted my free floating internal ammo safe to the main safe, which is fair enough.

Assuming nothing is revoked further down the line, it looks like I have the following:

.22 Rifle - semi auto (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 500/keep 600
.22 Rifle - bolt action (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 500/keep 600
.223/5.56 Rifle - straight pull (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 500/keep 600
.223/5.56 Rifle - straight pull (TS) + moderator (RC/EP)
.303 - bolt action (TS); Buy 500/keep 600
.308 Rifle - bolt action (TS) + moderator (RC/EP); Buy 500/keep 600
7.62 Rifle - straight pull (TS)

Thanks to everyone that's helped get me this far!

Just a 10 week wait now...
clapclap
FGarre

#43 Post by FGarre »

Hi HALODIN,

lucky you!.

I got granted just 4 authorities on first application. 4 and no more.

Regarding ammo, did you put 2 different lines for .22 ammo? that does not make sense..

In mine I have 2 lines, one for .38 and one for .357 (don't ask me why) but 2 lines for same .22 ammo?

Regards,
Felipe.
HALODIN

#44 Post by HALODIN »

I thought I was facing just the 4 as well, but I believe I was able to justify both the calibre and the number of rifles, but sure there's always an element of luck. MY FEO seems a nice bloke and we got on quite well, which is always going to help. Having said all of this, I don't have my FAC yet and nothing's set in stone, but touch wood hopefully it stays as we agreed today.

Sorry no, it should say Buy 1000/keep 1200 for .22.

Have you managed to put in your variations to boost you past 4 rifles yet?

Cheers,

Craig.
FGarre wrote:Hi HALODIN,

lucky you!.

I got granted just 4 authorities on first application. 4 and no more.

Regarding ammo, did you put 2 different lines for .22 ammo? that does not make sense..

In mine I have 2 lines, one for .38 and one for .357 (don't ask me why) but 2 lines for same .22 ammo?

Regards,
Felipe.
FGarre

#45 Post by FGarre »

Hi,

yes I did and it went pretty well. I sent the form, explanatory letter and original FAC on the 18th December, had my FEO visit 2 weeks ago and last Saturday the new FAC! so very quick having in mind it was Christmas!

I've been granted another .22 rifle, .303 rifle, .38/.357 LBR and .22 LB pistol. the only thing they didn't give me was a .223: they told me to choose between the .303 and the .223 and that if I wanted the .223 I will have to explain very well why and for what I wanted it...

Regarding AMMO: no more than 1200 on any caliber. I managed to increase my .38 up to 1000 keep. I shoot at least twice a week and I easily go through 100 rounds of .38 each time; and on the other hand I plan to join many competitions this year. Wife, time and money permitting (sorted from P1 to P3 :-) )
I asked for 200 to buy and 300 to keep on .308 (I had 200 / 250) and the same for .303. I could have asked for more but I am happy with that 300 limit so I can different rounds for different needs (I reload).

Regards,
FGarre

#46 Post by FGarre »

ah!
I forgot a funny thing:

The variation went OK but..... They forgot about my .22 moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I have to send it back again, new letter and wait for who knows how many weeks to get it back...

Regards,
HALODIN

#47 Post by HALODIN »

Apart from your moderator being missed off that's good news! How long did you have your FAC before submitting your first variation?

Yes I'm going 2/3 times a week as well, it's hard not to really... :grin:

I guess if you start entering .223 based shooting competitions then you have your justification...
FGarre

#48 Post by FGarre »

Hi,
I had it for 7 months.

Yes.. I will try find out from who and when I could borrow a .223 rifle to enter competitions...

Regards
HALODIN

#49 Post by HALODIN »

OK thanks. Good luck with your hunt for a .223!
FGarre wrote:Hi,
I had it for 7 months.

Yes.. I will try find out from who and when I could borrow a .223 rifle to enter competitions...

Regards
FGarre

#50 Post by FGarre »

Thanks.

I'm not worried any more about the .223.

My shopping list is bigger than my wallet...

I still have to buy a nice shotgun (or shotguns..), a .303, a .22 LB pistol and a .38 / .357 LB revolver... and in 5 minutes time I'm buying a .22 rifle!

Do you have some change to spare? :grin: