Applying for my FAC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN

Re: Applying for my FAC

#51 Post by HALODIN »

I was going to ask you the same thing! sign01
FGarre wrote:Do you have some change to spare? :grin:
tkd67

#52 Post by tkd67 »

Glad your nearly there....still waiting zzzzzzzzz

Bet your drunk with joy :good:
HALODIN

#53 Post by HALODIN »

I'm sure it isn't far away... fingerscrossed

Yeh you could say that, I had a massive ear-to-ear grin on my face yesterday... :grin:

What a relief... :shakeshout:
tkd67 wrote:Glad your nearly there....still waiting zzzzzzzzz

Bet your drunk with joy :good:
techguy

#54 Post by techguy »

I'm still waiting on mine too... glad to see you put in for an adventurous FAC too. My FEO told me to 'reach for the stars' on my interview when I commented on asking for 7 slots. He knocked me back to 6, assuming nothing gets dropped when they eventually issue my ticket. 17 weeks since I sent it off, 14 weeks since my interview and counting. I reckon mine will be at least another 4 weeks, maybe longer... ho-hum!
HALODIN

#55 Post by HALODIN »

Wow 21 weeks must be a record... Which county do you live in?

At least you've got a good rifle count, which calibres did you put in for? What rifles have you got planned for each slot, anything interesting? bangbang
techguy wrote:I'm still waiting on mine too... glad to see you put in for an adventurous FAC too. My FEO told me to 'reach for the stars' on my interview when I commented on asking for 7 slots. He knocked me back to 6, assuming nothing gets dropped when they eventually issue my ticket. 17 weeks since I sent it off, 14 weeks since my interview and counting. I reckon mine will be at least another 4 weeks, maybe longer... ho-hum!
techguy

#56 Post by techguy »

I'm in Kent. I mainly shoot PSG and minirifle type stuff, as well as a bit of indoor .22 'plinking'

I've got (hopefully!)

1 x .22 semi auto (S&W 15-22)
1 x .22 bolt action (CZ 452 silhouette)
1 x .22 LBP (Pro TSC 1911)
1 x .357/.38 muzzle loader (Alan Westlake armscor muzzle loader)
1 x 12G multi shot for PSG. (Benelli supernova)
1 x 9mm rifle (SGC lever release - but I might swap this out for a .223 straight pull instead)

I did ask for 2 S1 shotguns, but he pretty much said no outright.

Already have a S&W 15-22 with my name on it with a friendly RFD, and money waiting for a benelli supernova pump shotgun. The next will be a LBP when I've saved up!

It seems like I've been waiting *forever*
HALODIN

#57 Post by HALODIN »

You've got a full compliment there! party2

There's a chap at our club who's got a semi-auto .22 LBP (Pro TSC 1911), looks like a lot of fun to me, he loves it... :good:

I'm very grateful for the club guns, but there's nothing quite like having your own rifles I'd say. Can't wait, although it looks like I don't have a choice... :grin: Perhaps we take up another hobby as a distraction, whilst we're waiting to start this one!
HALODIN

#58 Post by HALODIN »

Just took a call from my FEO and my certificate's in with everything I wanted on it, to include all the ammo I requested. :shakeshout:

I only had to wait 6 weeks, which is blisteringly fast! :goodjob:
HALODIN

#59 Post by HALODIN »

I've heard a rumour if you just put 7.62 on your FAC application, you're limited by default to 7.62×51mm NATO calibre rifles/ammo. i.e. you're not allowed 7.62×39mm for instance, without submitting a variation. Is this right? Before submitting my application I knew that some FEO's request you specify the cartridge length, but I assumed if they didn't push you on this point, you could pick and choose any cartridge length...

Can anyone enlighten me please?
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#60 Post by DanTheMan »

HALODIN wrote:I've heard a rumour if you just put 7.62 on your FAC application, you're limited by default to 7.62×51mm NATO calibre rifles/ammo.
Can anyone enlighten me please?
Not round here, I specifically put two 7.62 slots on my ticket which allowed me to buy 7.62x39 & 7.62x54. Just make sure you double your ammo allowance. I have never seen a 7.62x51 rifle entered on a ticket as such so don't see why a 7.62x39 rifle should be any different.