Applying for my FAC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN

Re: Applying for my FAC

#61 Post by HALODIN »

Excellent, that was what I wanted to hear! I thought it was a bit odd...

My FAC is going to be hand delivered on Tuesday, so I haven't seen yet, but I know everything was granted and I should have 2 slots for 7.62/.308 and hopefully without any reference to cartridge length! Yes, consider my ammo allowance already doubled. :grin:

Thanks for the info!

Cheers,

Craig.
DanTheMan wrote: Not round here, I specifically put two 7.62 slots on my ticket which allowed me to buy 7.62x39 & 7.62x54. Just make sure you double your ammo allowance. I have never seen a 7.62x51 rifle entered on a ticket as such so don't see why a 7.62x39 rifle should be any different.
Morph

#62 Post by Morph »

HALODIN wrote:Hi Morph,

I recognise those safes.... :grin: I post as warpig on the Umarex Boys Club Forum, you were the one who directed me here. Thanks again BTW! :good:

I've already hand written it, but thanks for the offer. It will be in the post first thing Monday morning and then comes the 10 week long wait with Northamptonshire constabulary...

Weren't you building an indoor range in your basement?
Hi , sorry for not posting earlier, not been on any forums much lately.
I thought I'd better join here as I kept telling people to visit tongueout
Indoor range is finished but only for airsoft or air pistols at 6yards max

I hear your FAC aproved now :cheers: bangbang
HALODIN

#63 Post by HALODIN »

No worries! .223 would be OK for your indoor range wouldn't it... :grin: bangbang

Yes it's being hand delivered tomorrow by my FEO, he just wants to check I've bolted my internal safe to the external one and then I'm good to go. It only took 17 weeks from joining my local club to getting my FAC, that's quite impressive if you ask me.

I just need to fill that 10 rifle gun cabinet now... :shakeshout:
Morph wrote:Hi , sorry for not posting earlier, not been on any forums much lately.
I thought I'd better join here as I kept telling people to visit tongueout
Indoor range is finished but only for airsoft or air pistols at 6yards max

I hear your FAC aproved now :cheers: bangbang
HALODIN

#64 Post by HALODIN »

The FEO has just hand delivered my FAC... :shakeshout:

I have:

3 x centerfire moderators
2 x rimfire moderators

2 x .308/7.62mm rifles
1 x .303 rifles
1 x .223/5.56mm rifles
2 x .22RF rifles

.308/7.62mm - buy 500/hold 600
.303 - buy 500/hold 600
.223 - buy 500/hold 600
.22RF - buy 1000/hold 1200

The only oddity I've just noticed is my ammo buy/hold list doesn't mention 5.56mm just .223, although the firearms list does. Is this normal? It looks like I can't buy 5.56mm ammo to me.
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#65 Post by 20series »

Well done Craig, does that mean you'll be out spending money and have new toys to play with soon :goodjob:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
HALODIN

#66 Post by HALODIN »

Hi Alan,

Abso-bloody-lutely... :grin:

I'm going to see Mik from Dolphin Gun Company this Saturday, I'll be like a child in a sweetshop..!
20series wrote:Well done Craig, does that mean you'll be out spending money and have new toys to play with soon :goodjob:

Alan
HALODIN

#67 Post by HALODIN »

Just to add to my previous question above about 5.56mm ammo on my FAC, can you send in for a variation where you substitute a moderator for a rifle at zero cost or is a variation just for swapping one rifle for another?
Mikaveli

#68 Post by Mikaveli »

HALODIN wrote:Just to add to my previous question above about 5.56mm ammo on my FAC, can you send in for a variation where you substitute a moderator for a rifle at zero cost or is a variation just for swapping one rifle for another?
It's still a one for one, so I don't see why not. :good:
Mikaveli

#69 Post by Mikaveli »

DanTheMan wrote:
HALODIN wrote:I've heard a rumour if you just put 7.62 on your FAC application, you're limited by default to 7.62×51mm NATO calibre rifles/ammo.
Can anyone enlighten me please?
Not round here, I specifically put two 7.62 slots on my ticket which allowed me to buy 7.62x39 & 7.62x54. Just make sure you double your ammo allowance. I have never seen a 7.62x51 rifle entered on a ticket as such so don't see why a 7.62x39 rifle should be any different.
My FEO (Cambs) told me by putting .308 / 7.62 it implied 7.62 x 51.

If I want a 7.62x39 or 7.62x54, he said that would be a variation.
HALODIN

#70 Post by HALODIN »

Hi Mikaveli,

Thanks for the replies. I guess the issue of the default 7,62 case size will have to go to my FEO, although when he came around for the home visit we talked about a Mosin Nagant, which clearly isn't NATO, so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

As I have to speak with him about that and my missing 5.56mm ammo listing, I'll ask about moderator to rifle variations. We may as well have an official response on it...

I'll put something here when I've spoken to him.

Cheers,

Craig.