Lee Enfield Books

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
mas36

Lee Enfield Books

#1 Post by mas36 »

Currently convalescing at home and incredibly bored. Decided its time to purchase more reading matter - seeking ANYTHING enfield related but would love a copy of the Skennerton bible. PM me please with what you have and price wanted.
tikkathreebarrels

Re: Lee Enfield Books

#2 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

Oh dear, sold mine about 6 months ago, quite surprised at how long it took to sell on EBay. I'd say there was more than 1 page which I'd thumbed through but not read every word of!!

The Enfield book which interested me but not quite to the point of purchase was the SA80 - The Reluctant Enfield.

Got a Rook Rifles book on EBay in mint condition....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130884134877? ... 1586.l2649
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

Got a spare Skennerton book, but the one on the Brit. Sniper. not the Enfield bible
Not thought about selling it....

I phoned a mate as he sometimes has spare Skennerton books, or the Reynolds one, but he's not got anything right now

Will see if I can source you one elsewhere
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

Mas36, I should have the 4T book by PL plus one on the No32 'scope you are welcome to borrow. PM me your address if they are of interest.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Watcher

#5 Post by Watcher »

My wife secretly threw my Skennerton out sign01 She used to think that one or two books every now and again wouldn't be noticed.....
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

Watcher wrote:My wife secretly threw my Skennerton out sign01 She used to think that one or two books every now and again wouldn't be noticed.....
I'd be informing her of the replacement cost...while returning the favour with her shoes, every 4th pair; just bin one of them...

I worked with a woman who had the same bad habit; but her husband was a college lecturer, so his books were critical to him. Poor sod must have thought he was going senile, he was constantly "losing" reference books
Doz

#7 Post by Doz »

Watcher wrote:My wife secretly threw my Skennerton out
Grounds for divorce I would have thought... :o
mas36

#8 Post by mas36 »

Ovenpaa

PMd you my address, obviously I will cover postage and graciously accept your offer. Just let me know the cost and I will get 20series to sort it with you :lol:

As for anyone who allows their partner to dispose of anything shooting related - I reckon thered be a lump under the patio by tommorrow morning if it was my old gal.........

Saddler - if you want to sell the sniper book just let me know and thanks for making enquiries, much appreciated all of you.
ovenpaa

#9 Post by ovenpaa »

I will hunt the books out this morning and ask the Viking to get them in the post. The 4(T) book is autographed by the chap shooting on the front cover, I am not sure who was more embarrassed, me or him when I asked him to sign it :lol:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal