RING DAMN YOU!

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: RING DAMN YOU!

#11 Post by meles meles »

Hmmm, you need to move to Eaorl Warwick's Shire. Mr Plod here is very efficient: FAC's granted in 3 to 4 weeks and variations often turned around in 5 working days. The FLO's are firm but fair, feed 'em tea and jammy dodgers, make sure your papers are in order and everything tikkety boo and they'll get your stiffycates sorted pronto. Always helpful with advice too.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
BaconButty

#12 Post by BaconButty »

Update.

Hampshire's firearms site currenlty says this:

I am currently in my 10th week of waiting. The FEO has had my details for 6 weeks but is "very busy" at the moment. I don't doubt he is, but why update the website like that if its not accurate??

Whats worse is I have the money here waiting for a rifle!!

:cry:
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

I had to read that several times, it is not very clearly worded me thinks tongueout

Burning a hole in your pocket eh ;)
BaconButty

#14 Post by BaconButty »

Well, perhaps the ticket time makes no difference. Just heard back from LanTac (fancy myself a CMMG) and I can place a deposit on one but the next shipment is in "x" amount of time. But looks like it's going to be about 6 months. A summer of using club guns it is then!
SevenSixTwo

#15 Post by SevenSixTwo »

November 2012... Dec... Jan... Feb... March... April 2013... still waiting.

Apparently they don't know what an 'upper' and 'lower' receiver is and don't know the difference between a dedicated upper and a .22LR drop-in kit so it's "causing some confusion"...

I'm certain I applied to 'Firearms Branch' and not 'Finchley Branch' (of Tescos)... :roll:
tkd67

#16 Post by tkd67 »

You gotta laugh, I spoke to paul last nite from lantac and told him of my ongoing situation, im just glad that I put my deposit down last september, so my rifle is already built and waiting for collection, if anyone saw there facebook pic of the 3 barrel job being cnc machined that was my barrel..

Phoned the department this morning stating that I had my visit on the 27th of feb and was told 4 weeks, but now its coming upto 8 weeks, and he said, oh its been some time, ill have to speak to xyz and see if we can get it moving, but again couldnt say when ????? No suprises there..
tkd67

#17 Post by tkd67 »

Here they are..
BaconButty

#18 Post by BaconButty »

UPDATE:

Well the FEO has just left. He seemed ok with it all. He started off by stating that 5 different calibre's was a lot of firearms, then we talked through the reasons for each and he seemed happy enough.

Then moved on to ammo and he said that the main issue was that it was a lot of ammo ( :grin: ) He knocked me down by 500 on .22 and 100 on .223/556. He then pointed out that I'd asked for a lot of slug, but I explained about some club trips and going down to shield and he agreed.

Checked the cabinets, asked about the age of my kids and gave some advise on responsible teaching when the time was right, then left.

So I've put in for:

.22 - 1500/1000
.223 - 300/200
.308 - 300/200
.357/.38 - 300/200
Slug - 200/150

We'll see how the ticket comes though. fingerscrossed
Christel
Site Admin

#19 Post by Christel »

All sounds perfectly reasonable to me. fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed
SevenSixTwo

#20 Post by SevenSixTwo »

I woudn't be happy with the holdings of .223 and .308. Blimey. What if you do a series of competions over a weekend?