S58 rifle/musket/shotgun

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
$harp$hooter

S58 rifle/musket/shotgun

#1 Post by $harp$hooter »

Hi all,

I am after a S58 piece to be a feature in my man cave as a wall hanger. I do not currently hold an FAC or SGC hence wanting a S58 but I do intend to apply for my FAC in the near future through my club so would like a piece that I could shoot once I have the necessary ticket.

If you have anything please let me know.#

Regards

Dan
ovenpaa

Re: S58 rifle/musket/shotgun

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

A good choice would be a Schmidt Rubuin M1889 in 7.5x53 - They are not too badly priced, are deemed to be an obsolete calibre and certainly can be shot at a later date if you choose a reasonable example.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

I've seen a S.58 3-band musket on GunWatch - though the seller decribes it as a "smooth bore rifle"

May be worth checking out
$harp$hooter

#4 Post by $harp$hooter »

saddler wrote:I've seen a S.58 3-band musket on GunWatch - though the seller decribes it as a "smooth bore rifle"

May be worth checking out
Thanks for that. Gun Watch is new to me s I'll have a look. sign92
$harp$hooter

#6 Post by $harp$hooter »

Lovely example, just wish I had the readies for it.
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

£350 for a S.58 is not expensive!

What budget do you have?
If only £100 or so you may be better looking at the cheap de-acts as wall-hangers
$harp$hooter

#8 Post by $harp$hooter »

Budget will be around £200 at present but may increase to more dependant on my bi-annual work bonus.
ovenpaa

#9 Post by ovenpaa »

The 'problem' with Section 58 Firearms is they can be legally held in operational state without a FAC so more people can own them. This means you will always have to pay slightly over the top compared to something similar that can be held on an FAC.

As an example an FAC holder can pick up a Mosin Nagant carbine for sub GBP100 if you look around and 100 rounds of milsurp for another GBP125. The cheapest S.58 I have seen recently have been closer to the GBP400-500 mark. Truly the price you pay for accessibility.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal