Swing bolt stop

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Gaz

Swing bolt stop

#1 Post by Gaz »

The not-at-all clumsy students of Brunel University TSC have managed to break the bolt stop on their new Swing just one day after getting it out for the first time. Does anyone have a spare they'd be willing to part with?
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Swing bolt stop

#2 Post by IainWR »

There are at least three designs of bolt stop on Swings over the five marks. if its your Swing no 69 I would have thought it likely that you will need to get the part manufactured.

Iain
PS Please don't break the Musgrave - their one weak point is the bolt catch!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#3 Post by hitchphil »

Duh -

If its the little 2 prong / forked leaf spring? then Poss Fultons / HPS or Robbert Nibbs might have one? if not then you can cut one carefully from the curved section of a bulldog clip. (then tap it flat). It might do till a smith made on can be sourced. tin snips rough then file slowly & dont get it hot.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Gaz

#4 Post by Gaz »

Might give that a try...

... or, given the current hype about 3D printing and the close proximity of a 3D printing shop to the office, I might see if we can get one printed. Of course, it'll fail at the first use, but it'd be a laugh to say I've personally 3D-printed a firearm component!

(but seriously, will try HPS next time we're down. I'm not happy leaving any of our rifles at Fultons for any extended period of time, based on past experience, but it does seem to just screw on so all they really need is the stop itself)