Sling for L42A1

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
amyjane

Sling for L42A1

#1 Post by amyjane »

Hi

I am interested in buying a replacement sling for my L42A1. I have the original leather one but want to keep it good!

I believe the latest sling is called a L8A1 which will fit and L42A1 or L96A1.

If anyone has one for sale I would be grateful.

Thanks
saddler

Re: Sling for L42A1

#2 Post by saddler »

The original L42 nylon sling differs from the L96 versions

But, in either case, good luck...you'll need it

I looked into making the nylon slings about 5 years back. It'd have required a minumum order of £20K JUST for the correct metal fittings, THEN the firm that made the original webbing was not around & nobody had the correct spec. re. thickness, nor could they make it
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#3 Post by pe4king »

L42 Nylon slings = around £150 at the moment but could go for more if somebody REALLY wanted one

A plastic lens brush container went for over £700 the other week on the fleabay the one prior to that went for over £1K
anything L42 commands very outrageous prices.
As Saddler said good luck
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
saddler

#4 Post by saddler »

£150?
...they've dropped in price then, I have heard of them getting an average of around £250-£300
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#5 Post by pe4king »

saddler wrote:£150?
...they've dropped in price then, I have heard of them getting an average of around £250-£300
STB
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.