RING DAMN YOU!

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

BaconButty

Re: RING DAMN YOU!

#31 Post by BaconButty »

I've had a few CRB checks myself recently, no one dodgy in my family and I've only ever spoken to a police officer 'professionally' once, because I was in a type of car that had been stolen recently, so i cant see any reasons there, I think it's literally all down to my FEO being a bit slower than the other guy (he may have a much higher workload for all I know)

Shopping list is complete, but no deposits put down yet, I just cant bring myself to do it, just in case.
HALODIN

#32 Post by HALODIN »

Many people put down deposits and get the build process started as early as possible. I'd say for a .22 you will be fine as long as you know of no reason why your cert won't be granted.

I nearly forgot to ask, what's on your shopping list?
BaconButty

#33 Post by BaconButty »

In order of purchase (probably):
.22 CMMG (can't stretch to Raven)
Hatsan or Remmy 1100
Remington 700
.223 upper for the AR
.357. Probably a Winchester, unless an M1 comes up about the same time I win the lottery ;)
HALODIN

#34 Post by HALODIN »

Cool, nice list. I look forward to the pictures as you begin to stock your gun cabinet! :grin:
BaconButty

#35 Post by BaconButty »

BaconButty wrote:Well, phoned end of last week, and the desk officer said he had seen the FEO in the office so will get him to dig out the paper work. Sounds promising..

Until I was at the club this week and a chap who applied at the end of April (I applied at beginning of Feb) told me that he'd had his FEO visit 2 weeks ago (so overall quicker than I'd had mine) and that he'd had a nice envelope land on his doormat that morning!!!!!!!! Two weeks his FEO took to process it and now he has his ticket! Image (but good for him :good: )

So I thought, sod it, I'll call again and find out exactly where the paperwork is... only to find that Hampshires system is down today! ImageImage
"Sounds promising" I said. Kidded myself I did.

Just phoned, the office expected all of his paperwork to be in 2 weeks ago (for a lot of his load) but mine wasn't in it. "Anything I can do to help? see if the FEO has any queries for me?" "No.. he's off work right now, you'll just have to wait."

I have been waiting! 9 weeks since I had my visit. 22 weeks since I first put in my application!! **** **** **** **** ****
Dave 101

#36 Post by Dave 101 »

Personally I would ask to speak to the head of department , and point out its been 5 months and would he get it prioritised asap . As no one else is dealing with it how long are you expected to wait ?
I bet if the boot was on the other foot and you had been done for speeding or a parking fine they would expect you to deal with it within 14 days , not when you could be arsked .
As a council tax payer you are paying for a police service twice over at least you should be dealt with in a fair manner .
Dave
BaconButty

#37 Post by BaconButty »

Dave 101 wrote:Personally I would ask to speak to the head of department , and point out its been 5 months and would he get it prioritised asap . As no one else is dealing with it how long are you expected to wait ?
I bet if the boot was on the other foot and you had been done for speeding or a parking fine they would expect you to deal with it within 14 days , not when you could be arsked .
As a council tax payer you are paying for a police service twice over at least you should be dealt with in a fair manner .
Dave
I did better than that! I went to the Chief Constable.

Just got an email:

ITS IN THE POST :shakeshout: :shakeshout: :shakeshout: party2 clapclap

Just got to wait and see what's actually on the ticket now!
Dave 101

#38 Post by Dave 101 »

Congratulations , glad you got it sorted , Enjoy .
Don't forget the photos of what you buy .

Dave
Christel
Site Admin

#39 Post by Christel »

:shakeshout:

bangbang
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#40 Post by 20series »

Top result :goodjob: :shakeshout:

Good luck and remember we like pictures of new toys :shakeshout:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP