Pantograph/Gravograph wanted

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ovenpaa

Pantograph/Gravograph wanted

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I need to add some small numbers to some parts and engraving seems to be the way forward so does anyone know of a small Panotgraph/Gravograph type engraver for sale. I have looked on eBlag however they are all a bit on the big side and it needs to be a worktop version.

Anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Demonic69

Re: Pantograph/Gravograph wanted

#2 Post by Demonic69 »

Why not get a 3D printer and swap the printing head out for a Dremel or similar? :run:
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Nice idea and I can also find little CNC engravers however learning and set-up time is going to be a faff so a simple engraving machine seems like the easiest option. The vast majority of work will be on flat surfaces and will be a simple text string such as '7mm/.284'
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jon B

#4 Post by Jon B »

Have you considered laser engraving? It looks much better.
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

I already use a laser engraving service which looks very good however it is a long drive if I only want to number up half a dozen comparators and et them shipped out and I have no desire to buy a laser system for here as ultimately the costs are passed onto the customer albeit indirectly.
/d

Shed Journal
knewmans

#6 Post by knewmans »

Used to use one of these for my first saturday job. Thousands of labels for Royal Mail post boxes

http://tinyurl.com/m6wlos3