Mosin Nagant PU Sniper with Lee dies and PPU ammo

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ptheta
Home club or Range: TFSA

Mosin Nagant PU Sniper with Lee dies and PPU ammo

#1 Post by ptheta »

Putting up my Mosin Nagant PU Sniper for sale as I need to thin my collection a little in anticipation of starting a family.

I had this originally from Andy Allwood and I believe it was one of several high quality but not entirely authentic ones brought in a couple of years ago of which some are still available from C&G and Fultons. They were asking £700 and £750 respectively when I checked their web sites.
Mine has the cleaning kit and rod, muzzle protector thingy (technical term), but lacks the leather sight covers and sling that these have. Mine however has the screwdriver bayonet which they don't and has matching serial numbers (not specified in advertisements) except for the bayonet. I don't know if they're meant to match or not but I've included a photo of them.

I will also include 90 rounds of PPU 7.62x54R ammunition (50 loose and 60 still boxed) and approximately 110 once fired PPU cases. There is also an unused Lee die set and case length trimmer.

Loads of pictures here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11000922 ... iba3j7LoFQ

Note that I've shown lots of the screws on the scope mount as someone has been a little brutal on one of the screw heads in the past and I don't want to mislead anyone by glossing over it.

I've owned this for alost two years. It makes its first appearance in my shooting log on 13th November 2011. Since then I have put 221 rounds through it. That was a mixture of PPU and the 1970s non-corrosive mil-surp that was doing the rounds about 18 months ago (although I cleaned it like it was corrosive regardless).

I am based in Basingstoke but get up to Bisley pretty regularly. Would much prefer a face to face deal but will take to an RFD if you want to sort all that out and pay for it. My dealer has recently ceased dealing in firearms so I don't have anyone I can easy send it through.

I'm asking £700 for the full package.
ptheta

Re: Mosin Nagant PU Sniper with Lee dies and PPU ammo

#2 Post by ptheta »

Dropping the price to £600 to see if I can move this. No offers, please. I'm not going to let it go at less than that.
Blighty

#3 Post by Blighty »

If you were to put that on Gunstar/Guntrader it would be the cheapest one there. Must be worth more than that if you include the extra kit. Hang in there!
ptheta

#4 Post by ptheta »

Many thanks for the tip, Blighty. I shall certainly do that if it doesn't shift here.

I won't reduce it further but it would save me some hassle if I could shift it via the forum.
Lucror

#5 Post by Lucror »

I may be interested. Tried to PM you but I get an error, can you drop me a message with your number?

Rgds
leebut

#6 Post by leebut »

i keep getting the error too
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by bobbob »

leebut wrote:i keep getting the error too
Read topic http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14075
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
ovenpaa

#8 Post by ovenpaa »

The PM system is broken, Christel is aware and is trying to resolve the issue.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
ptheta

#9 Post by ptheta »

Lucror, will PM you as soon as they get the PM system going again. Don't really want to put my phone number on line.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

PM system is working now check the Announcements forum.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/