First Variation - Calibre Choice

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN

Re: First Variation - Calibre Choice

#11 Post by HALODIN »

Holy Toledo, that's quite a variation for £26! Maybe I'll ramp mine up a bit... :grin:

I was definitely going to up my .22LR ammo count 1000/1200 as well, as it's way too low.

Thanks for the info + nice rifle list!
paxtond wrote:As above, it's £26 fixed fee. I recently had 8 slots added in one hit

308 x1
6.5mm x1
Shotgun x1
.22lbp x1
.357x1
.223 x1
.223 mod x1
6.5mm mod x1

No problems at all but I guess it depends on your force
paxtond

#12 Post by paxtond »

Def ask for more ammo, I've got buy 5000 hold 6000 for .22lr
HALODIN

#13 Post by HALODIN »

I think 3000/4000 would be plenty for me. You think big, I like that! :good:

I think I need another ammo safe...
paxtond wrote:Def ask for more ammo, I've got buy 5000 hold 6000 for .22lr
paxtond

#14 Post by paxtond »

HALODIN wrote:I think 3000/4000 would be plenty for me. You think big, I like that! :good:

I think I need another ammo safe...
paxtond wrote:Def ask for more ammo, I've got buy 5000 hold 6000 for .22lr

haha, always go big. i shoot .22lr TR and like to buy batch tested ammo by the case :good:
HALODIN

#15 Post by HALODIN »

Yeh good thinking... :grin:
Mikaveli

#16 Post by Mikaveli »

An awkward FEO might ask why you need a third .308 slot. If he does, how are you going to justify it?

The LBR and underlever are easy, as you don't currently have anything to allow you to compete in a gallery rifle competition etc.
Steve E

#17 Post by Steve E »

Mikaveli wrote:An awkward FEO might ask why you need a third .308 slot. If he does, how are you going to justify it?

The LBR and underlever are easy, as you don't currently have anything to allow you to compete in a gallery rifle competition etc.
If you are an active competitive shooter (County, National, International level) getting several .308 slots is a matter of course. If on the other end you just shoot with Club X and only with Club X you may find it difficult to justify with some Forces having more than one rifle in the same calibre.
HALODIN

#18 Post by HALODIN »

Well the way I look at it is, my current 2 rifles are for CSR - "Any Iron" (IMBEL FAL) and "Practical Optical" (M14 EBR) and the additional .308/7.62 slot is for mid range (MR) rifle competitions. Hopefully my FEO will appreciate it takes a long time to reach a competitive standard. You have to buy all the equipment, put in a lot of practice, learn to load and then fine tune everything... Personally I don't see why I can't prepare to compete with all 3 at once.

Quite right about the 2 gallery slots, hopefully this will be OK as well. fingerscrossed
Mikaveli wrote:An awkward FEO might ask why you need a third .308 slot. If he does, how are you going to justify it?

Mikaveli

#19 Post by Mikaveli »

We're supposed to be doing a Service Rifle comp this month, if you enter that, it'll prove / provide the evidence of your competition use.

If you lend me one of your rifles for the comp, you're guaranteed not to come last! ;)
HALODIN

#20 Post by HALODIN »

Where's the comp? Bisley? I might be interested TBH.

You can borrow the M14 if you want.