.22 semi-auto M1 clone

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Gaz

.22 semi-auto M1 clone

#1 Post by Gaz »

For sale, one .22 Chiappa semi-auto M1 clone. Cheap'n'cheerful fun gun, sale to raise funds for possible Enfield project. It's a bit picky on ammo but it'll happily cycle RWS semi-auto. Good external condition, wooden stock. Will also throw in a spare magazine.

£225 ONO, quite happy to negotiate. Pics of the actual rifle may have to wait until January as it's in a club cabinet at Bisley.

Good review/dismantling guide here: http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_chiappa.html
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: .22 semi-auto M1 clone

#2 Post by meles meles »

*mightily tempted*

How does it fare with CCI MiniMags?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Gaz

#3 Post by Gaz »

Oddly enough it's not so keen on Minimag, which I know goes against all received wisdom for .22 semis. Chews through RWS quite happily, though. I daresay the mainspring could probably lose a few coils, as the main cause of stoppages with Minimag was rounds not fully chambering. Looking at the dismantling guide above it's the same length as the fullbore M1 mainspring which possibly explains it.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#4 Post by meles meles »

As it's a pretty accurate copy of the M1 with a blowback action, do you find any gases / crud coming back into your face as you fire it?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

A bloke has one of these in my club...... That's an awful lot of fun for a mere £225! He runs his on bulk value ammo.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gaz

#6 Post by Gaz »

No gases back into the face noticed, though crud does tend to build up around the chamber - not really a problem as it's so easily accessible. The odd spent case does bounce off your bonce from time to time, in the interests of full disclosure!

As I say, good bit of fun - and it's something different from yet another 10/22 dressed up in a new stock!
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

Swap ya for a .36 BP revolver/or a .22 BRNO Mod. 2 ??
Gaz

#8 Post by Gaz »

Will pass, sorry - given my latest woes with potentially rusty Enfields I think I'll need the money to buy a new barrel now...
Gaz

#9 Post by Gaz »

Bump. Badger, what say ye?
Gaz

#10 Post by Gaz »

Bump! New Year's treat, just £225 ONO, happy to negotiate.