NRA probationer

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

paulbradley

Re: NRA probationer

#51 Post by paulbradley »

It cost me £80 to do the assessment so either I got robbed or you have the amount wrong. What is the criteria for assessment rather than probationary course? I was given that option due to previous experience but it was apparent others had only shotgun experience but were still fine for assessment rather than the more expensive course. My partner has shotgun experience. Is she therefore eligible for assessment?
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#52 Post by IainWR »

Hi Paul

Shotgun experience is irrelevant. It is driven by the Home Office conditions for membership of a rifle club.

I don't know why you paid £80 - did you hire guns and buy ammo independently of the assessment?

Give me a call

Iain
NRA Firearms Manager
01483 797777 ext 154
mackie

#53 Post by mackie »

So just to be 100% clear...
What hoops do I have to jump through to get scoped rifle and target shotgun added to my SSC give I already have one and have a year of shooting TR on Bisley ranges under my belt?
Sorry if I sound like a broken record :)
Alpha1

#54 Post by Alpha1 »

I don't get this my club puts new shooters through the safe shooters thingy for free as part of the membership fee after they have completed there probationary period of course. If you paid £80 you have been ripped off.
paulbradley

#55 Post by paulbradley »

Thanks Iain. I will call you later when I finish work. The firearms and ammo were supplied by the NRA so I'm guessing that would be where the extra cost came in.
Paul
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#56 Post by jay851 »

got a question for the nra members on here. myself and my son have done our probationary module and have shot with the nrasc a few times (gallery rifle). we are now full nra members and have also completed the gallery rifle module. can we shoot other diciplines, ie scoped rifle etc, with the nrasc or do we have to do scoped rifle module in order to shoot. otherwise putting two people through the two day scoped rifle module is going to cost me a lot of money.

cheers
jay
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
ovenpaa

#57 Post by ovenpaa »

What does your SCC (Shooters Certification Card) say you can shoot, it will show the different groups on the front left.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#58 Post by jay851 »

just gallery rifle/carbine. but from what i thought, this means im competent to shoot this on my own. just wondering if i can shoot other types with the club.
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
ovenpaa

#59 Post by ovenpaa »

I would have thought you could shoot other types with the club however you would need to be under 1:1 supervision, something to ask the club about as they may have a fast track to new disciplines for existing SCC holders.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John MH

#60 Post by John MH »

Do the NRA CSR Course on 25 Jan at Bisley and get assessed for the addition to your SSC which will add either scoped or iron sighted rifle to your card. Youngsters welcome as well, there are at least two under 16s doing the course.

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calend ... RA&id=3305