26mm rings for leupold std bases

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
duff eyed doyle

26mm rings for leupold std bases

#1 Post by duff eyed doyle »

Bit of a long shot does anyone have a set of med or high 26mm leupold std base rings they want to offload.
saddler

Re: 26mm rings for leupold std bases

#2 Post by saddler »

If they are the same bases as mine then Redfield Jr rings will also fit

Have you actually tried to source these from a shop/suppliers yet but nobody has any in stock, or just asking here to source a cheaper set?

May have a 26mm Med set in my spares box as I used to have a S&B on my Rem 700
Will look tomorrow
duff eyed doyle

#3 Post by duff eyed doyle »

The leupold and redfield 26mm rings are now obsolete I have had a ring round to see if anyone had some old stock kicking about but had no luck there are some listed on ebay but I'm not getting much sense from the seller at the moment. If you do have set for sale drop me a pm.

Regards Stuart.
Maggot

#4 Post by Maggot »

Stuey, are these swing on ones (Fits front at a right angle in a slotted hole then 2 side screws lock the rear sideways onto a flat base)?

I have several sets knocking about and dont have any 1" scopes mate so PM me.

Might be able to do a deal involving a couple of .303 Mk8 rounds and any other odd empties/live you may be able to find....

But failing that, if they are what you need and I have them (and only have 30mm scopes) they are yours mate.

C
Chapuis

#5 Post by Chapuis »

Maggot wrote:Stuey, are these swing on ones (Fits front at a right angle in a slotted hole then 2 side screws lock the rear sideways onto a flat base)?

Might be able to do a deal involving a couple of .303 Mk8 rounds and any other odd empties/live you may be able to find....

But failing that, if they are what you need and I have them (and only have 30mm scopes) they are yours mate.

C
Maggot I think he's looking for 26mm not 1".
Maggot

#6 Post by Maggot »

Chapuis wrote:
Maggot wrote:Stuey, are these swing on ones (Fits front at a right angle in a slotted hole then 2 side screws lock the rear sideways onto a flat base)?

C
Maggot I think he's looking for 26mm not 1".
Yes, Spookilly I read as much and am not 100% thick tesnews But as I have never heard of a 26mm scope, but I have heard of a 1" (pretty close) I wondered if they were the same.

There are also some very good machinists out there if these things are now obsolete as it is the base fixing that is odd.

Otherwise I stand corrected.

Stu, sorry mate if I gave you false hope. Wonder if they are something Dave (Ovenpaa) could modify?

If they are any good to you mate there is a brand new set here STD High Rings (.900) 49904. matte (still in packaging with screws, torx etc).

I will be about the NSC all day 9th, PM 16th and they are in my range bag.

FOC although a couple of Mk8s would be appreciated....fully licensed collector now dont you know....god help us!!!
Stuck

#7 Post by Stuck »

[/quote]
....fully licensed collector now dont you know....god help us!!![/quote]

How does that work Maggot mate?
duff eyed doyle

#8 Post by duff eyed doyle »

C
Cheers for the offer I already have a couple of sets of 1" rings was hoping to find some 26mm rings rather than have some bored out. Haven't forgotten about the mark8 as soon as I retrieve the rest of my kit from storage I will get them over to you.

I'm trying to mount a pecar 26mm tubed scope to a .303 p14 sporter.

regards Stuart
Chapuis

#9 Post by Chapuis »

If you do manage to come across two sets of 26mm rings duff eye please let me know as I am also looking for a set. At the moment I am using a set of 30mm - 26mm adapter rings to mount a 26mm scope but I would like to get the scope down lower.

Alan Rhone has 26mm Recknagel weaver/picitinny rings available but they are really more than I would like to spend.
Maggot

#10 Post by Maggot »

Gotcha guys, never knew they existed.

Got a couple of 30mm sets if that helps Stu.

I ended up being given a few after I had gone out and bought some....as usually happens!!!