NRA probationer

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

@nd

Re: NRA probationer

#71 Post by @nd »

I finally have the third of my NRA probationary shoots under my belt,now it is just a matter of waiting for my safe shooter certificate and full NRA membership to arrive I can then apply for a FAC. In the mean time it a case of working out what calibers to apply for.
@nd

#72 Post by @nd »

My probation is over i have just recieved my NRA membership card and safe shooter card.
Now its time to apply for my FAC and working out what to apply for.
karen

#73 Post by karen »

Congratulations! clapclap clapclap clapclap
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#74 Post by IainWR »

@nd wrote:My probation is over i have just recieved my NRA membership card and safe shooter card.
Now its time to apply for my FAC and working out what to apply for.
The first application can be daunting - the form is straightforward but goes on for about 17 pages! If you want some help please do phone (that's part of what you are paying your membership for).

Iain
NRA Firearms Manager
01483 797777 x 154
@nd

#75 Post by @nd »

FAC posted
i have asked for
1x .22
1x 5.56/.223
1x .303
1x 7.62/.308
1x .38/.357
and asked for
1200 x.22 rounds
and 600 rounds for the rest, i expect that to be knocked down.
now the wait begins.
@nd

#76 Post by @nd »

Well at least the local fire arms office has received my application. I forgot to sign one of the photos myself and it has come back to me for signing (oops) and is now back in the post box having missed todays collection by 10 minutes.
ovenpaa

#77 Post by ovenpaa »

Hopefully things will happen reasonably quickly for you now. :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
@nd

#78 Post by @nd »

just had a phone call to arrange meeting with the FAO have to get some biscuits in !!
ovenpaa

#79 Post by ovenpaa »

A mix of chocolate and plain digestives always goes down well. I do remember Christel offering one FEO a slice of pizza which he politely declined.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
@nd

#80 Post by @nd »

just a quick question
Are 6.5mm and .260 the same calibre like 7.62/.308 or are they two distinct calibre's on there own.IE could i put .260/6.5mm as a single slot on a FAC application