Benelli M2 Practical

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Benelli M2 Practical

#1 Post by Sim G »

Testing the water here....

Benelli M2 Practical, section 1, semi auto shotgun. 26" ported, multi choke barrel, LPA ghost ring sights and Picatinny rail. Four chokes. Extended bolt handle and carrier release. I've had it since new so comes with it's box and stuff.

Had only around 400 slug, a box of buck shot and a box of bird shot through it. Excellent condition except for a couple of handling marks on the left side of the receiver where it's rubbed something else in the cabinet. They are not scratches, but marred slightly.

With this is also an ultra rare and ultra desirable 24" spare barrel. It ribbed with a hi-viz bead. But, it has a camo finish. The idea was for this to be stripped and Duracoated black , then used for clays/practical, whilst the iron sights used in Target Shotgun. Spare barrels for a Benelli are rare and expensive. 24" barrels are akin to a politician with a moral compass! The spare barrel also comes with chokes and except proof, has never had a round through it.

This isn't getting used. A mate was originally going to have it, but circumstances have changed for him with regards to a shotgun. I would love to keep it for the joy of ownership, but I was offered my "Holy Grail" some time ago, which has gnawed at me since..... At the minute, something has to give...

A new Practical is around 1600 quid and it's 560 pounds for a spare barrel!!!

£1250.

I'm at work at the moment so will get some pics up later as this is a spur of the moment thing...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Benelli M2 Practical

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Damn you, if you told me this a couple of months ago I'd have bitten your hand off! It's a good buy for someone.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

A couple of months ago, Mike, the gun was spoken for. As I said, unfortunately circumstances changed for my mate who wanted it.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

A couple of pics....

Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

Looks like this is sold....!!

Which is very good, but also very sad news....

Sim G

#6 Post by Sim G »

STILL FOR SALE.

I was a bit quick off the mark with the emails from the guy and he's been put off by his mates.... You know how friends can be, with cars and guns they all know something better and cheaper somewhere else...

Anyway, a look on Guntrader or Gunstar, there is nothing comparable at the minute. You can get an M2 Essential new for 1000 to 1100, but Essential means basic. The nearest second hand gun to mine is a plain M2 fitted with a comfortec stock for 895..... That’s still no where near the features of mine.

Mine is a near mint Practical that I’m wanting 900 quid for and a brand new spare barrel that I’m wanting 350 for. I'd prefer for them to go together, but I'm open. From what is available I reckon I’ve priced them very well. If you could find a new practical and a barrel, they would cost £2160!

So, the last bump before this appears on GT and GS....

jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#7 Post by jmc67 »

Sim, PM'd re. shotgun and rifle.
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

SOLD.

pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#9 Post by pe4king »

ooooooh the grail of grails draws ever closer
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.