For Sale 6.5x47 Accuracy International AE for sale

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
ovenpaa

For Sale 6.5x47 Accuracy International AE for sale

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

Time for an upgrade, I have long lusted after something else and have an opportunity to buy one so I am putting my Accuracy International AE up for sale.

Chambered in 6,5x47 Lapua this rifle currently has a round count through its Border barrel of 188 rounds

The rifles comes with a Schmidt and Bender 4-16 PMII on a one piece AI 28 minute mount and is fitted with a stainless and aluminium reflex suppressor with built in muzzle brake and heat sink core allowing consecutive shots without the associated issues of heat and mirage. It also has an AI rifle sling and one of my own cheek pieces which are a lot more comfortable than the original AI version

This is a well documented rifle and displays stunning accuracy with the 123 grain Scenar.

GBP3,395 for the whole package including load data. I will not split and this is a private sale.

I can also include a 24" AI Border barrel with very low round count at additional cost.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
HALODIN

Re: For Sale 6.5x47 Accuracy International AE for sale

#2 Post by HALODIN »

Any ideas if my spare .260 slot would cover me for this caliber? AFAIK .260 is typically classed as 6.5x55 not 6.5x47.
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Your spare .260 slot is for a .260 (6,5x51) so it will not cover 6,5x55 or 6,5x47
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
HALODIN

#4 Post by HALODIN »

OK thanks for clarifying it, it wasn't clear from the .260 Remington wiki page.
Demonic69

#5 Post by Demonic69 »

HALODIN wrote:Any ideas if my spare .260 slot would cover me for this caliber? AFAIK .260 is typically classed as 6.5x55 not 6.5x47.
I'd check with your force mate, mine would be happy with 6.5x47
ovenpaa

#6 Post by ovenpaa »

Mine would not.
/d

Shed Journal
Demonic69

#7 Post by Demonic69 »

What about .308, 7.62x51!, 54R, 39 etc?
I discussed it specifically during my visit and he said any chambering with the right calibre was fine.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#8 Post by meles meles »

According to the letter of the law, it's the calibre that matters, hence if you have a slot for 6.5 then it doesn't matter what the chamber is, x47 or 55 both count. Any constabulary attempting to enforce a different interpretation is defying the will of Parliament - and that is pretty serious!
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
dave_303

#9 Post by dave_303 »

Sadly Badger most people wont risk it, I tried it awhile ago, and got a pretty damning response and wasn't willing to take up a sight at that time. Avon & Somerset rules still enforce chambering as well as calibre.
Demonic69

#10 Post by Demonic69 »

Yay for South Yorks then :D They might be slow but it's worth it for the freedom (and following the letter of the law)