Police confiscated my 150 year old muzzle loader.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Re: Police confiscated my 150 year old muzzle loader.

#41 Post by Christel »

All new users need 15 posts to their name in order to use the PM system.
Spiggy

#42 Post by Spiggy »

christel wrote:All new users need 15 posts to their name in order to use the PM system.

I've no problem with above rule, or any others come to that. It is a pity, though, that senders of PMs
are not presumably advised at the time of their sending a PM that the intended recipient cannot receive it. In the absence of such notification to the sender they may well feel that they are being rudely ignored.
Christel
Site Admin

#43 Post by Christel »

Spiggy wrote:
christel wrote:All new users need 15 posts to their name in order to use the PM system.

I've no problem with above rule, or any others come to that. It is a pity, though, that senders of PMs
are not presumably advised at the time of their sending a PM that the intended recipient cannot receive it. In the absence of such notification to the sender they may well feel that they are being rudely ignored.
Very true however it raises the question why the sender does not know the forum rules tongueout

When a user reaches 15 posts the PM will still be there unless deleted by the sender.
Enfield Enthusiast

#44 Post by Enfield Enthusiast »

Hi there Spiggy, Im sorry to hear that. ****
This is an absolute joke. The police it seems nowdays cannot make a decision, as to do the right thing.
I almost became a copper myself, but after hearing what Operation Trident did to Mick Shepherd, in 2006, it put me off.
I hope you manage to resolve this with them & I hope that the moron who is pushing this, gets stuffed by you. Its people like that who make other people hate the police. How these people became coppers amazes me. Its an antique, not a Winchester 1897 pump-action shotgun or a 9mm 1916 Luger P08. troutslapping troutslapping sign85 wtfwtf
In France percussion guns need no license at all. Work that one out.
Spiggy

#45 Post by Spiggy »

I've been repeatedly told by both local legal and gun experts that Bedfordshire CPS/police whack offenders with every conceivable charge that they think they can make stick and then haggle later when a proper defence case is put forward. They also are very vague as well as all encompassing with their charges thus making it difficult to deal precisely when rebutting them.
Enfield Enthusiast

#46 Post by Enfield Enthusiast »

Spiggy wrote:I've been repeatedly told by both local legal and gun experts that Bedfordshire CPS/police whack offenders with every conceivable charge that they think they can make stick and then haggle later when a proper defence case is put forward. They also are very vague as well as all encompassing with their charges thus making it difficult to deal precisely when rebutting them.
wtfwtf

All I can say is, they are complete bulls***. Although Im a stranger & I don't know you from Adam, I am absolutely disgusted in their behaviour, as a service & I really do feel for you. I can't believe that they are this stupid & officious. They need re-educating by BASC & they need to read the PACE Act 1984 again & I would shame this sorry shower, by contacting your PCC, with strong words. Its the same story with Operation Trident & Mick Shepherd. That bloke supposedly 'dealt guns to Yardies'. The way he dresses & behaves, they'd have him nowhere near him. That's common sense, but to Operation Trident, 'he's a real dealer'. Also he's an Anglo-Indian & these people don't mix with those sorts, at all. I know this & Im not a copper. sign85 sign01 **** sign01 :cool2: bangbang

The CPS is meant to have improved things, since 1986,not actually join sides with them. ****
Spiggy

#47 Post by Spiggy »

When the police confiscated my antique muzzle loader they also took two air rifles and a genuinely deactivated WW2 pistol for which I have all the correct deactivation documentation. None of these particular items have caused the police to charge me with any offences. I therefore have asked for them to be returned to me. The police have totally ignored all of my requests to this effect and I fully expect that they will " disappear " and I will never get them back. I have asked the PCC to intervene on my behalf but they, too, have been ignored. In the meantime the main police station in Bedford has been condemned as being "unsafe " and has been closed down with all police business being transferred elsewhere. If that doesn't provide an excuse for my legally held weapons to "disappear" then I'll be a monkeys uncle.

When the Metropolitan police senior officers and officials conspire and lie in order to bring down a Cabinet Minister, what chance do poor sods like myself stand of being treated lawfully ?
bigfathairybiker

#48 Post by bigfathairybiker »

I was wondering, when you wrote to them asking for your other stuff back, did you get a letter back saying they had received your request?
If not I would write to them again.

Also, has operation "Boson" been mentioned in your case?
If it has, this could be the reason for the delays.

Mark
Christel
Site Admin

#49 Post by Christel »

Send the letter signed for, that way you can prove it has been delivered and can refer back to that when contacting them for a reply.
Christel
Site Admin

#50 Post by Christel »

Spiggy wrote: In the meantime the main police station in Bedford has been condemned as being "unsafe " and has been closed down with all police business being transferred elsewhere. If that doesn't provide an excuse for my legally held weapons to "disappear" then I'll be a monkeys uncle.
http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/News ... 093312.htm