help mounting a scope ...

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

zzr1100

help mounting a scope ...

#1 Post by zzr1100 »

bit of a newbie question i know ... but any hints and tips on getting a scope correctly set in the mounts so its "right" ?
Dombo63

Re: help mounting a scope ...

#2 Post by Dombo63 »

This explains it better than i could:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/howto/how-t ... scope.html

basically, get the eye-relief right then bore-sight at 20 yards or so to get the cross-hairs on target and then nip off to the range to set 100 yard zero or whatever with your favourite ammo.
Maggot

#3 Post by Maggot »

The one really useful item I purchased was a scope alignment block from the shooting shed.

As long as the rail is square it is neigh on impossible to screw mounting up.

Eye relief is pretty important as well, get it wrong and at best the POI will be all over the shop as you move your head about to try and get an image, at worst you will earn yourself a set of stitches as the thing embeds itself in your eyebrow!!
Matt

#4 Post by Matt »

+1 for the shooting shed system, brilliantly made and always useful as you'll use them more than once on different rifles over the years, wish I'd got my set years ago, would've saved me a lot of time :goodjob: bangbang
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#5 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
TJC

#6 Post by TJC »

Mount to correct torque specs. It is easy to strip the screws.