For Sale 6.5x47 Accuracy International AE for sale

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

Re: For Sale 6.5x47 Accuracy International AE for sale

#21 Post by NoEntry »

As an aside . I have just put in a variation with Merseyside for a 9mm lever release rifle and 9mmx19mm luger Ammunition for it.

I got an email querying if that was correct. I told them that in my opinion it was...I will report when I get my ticket back.

Mike
HALODIN

#22 Post by HALODIN »

I've heard back from Northamptonshire firearms department and I would need 6.5x47 explicitly noted on my FAC. Good luck with the sale.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#23 Post by meles meles »

No you don't.

They are wrong.

They are making an illegal imposition on you.

Fight it.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
HALODIN

#24 Post by HALODIN »

I'm OK with it.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#25 Post by meles meles »

*pokes Halodin with a stick*

Hmmm, he's rolled over and died...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
HALODIN

#26 Post by HALODIN »

I tend to pick my battles and I'm just going with the flow on this one. :wave:
Sim G

#27 Post by Sim G »

meles meles wrote:According to the letter of the law, it's the calibre that matters, hence if you have a slot for 6.5 then it doesn't matter what the chamber is, x47 or 55 both count. Any constabulary attempting to enforce a different interpretation is defying the will of Parliament - and that is pretty serious!

In that case you'd want .264" or 6.7mm on your ticket if it is the calibre that matters. 6.5x47 Lapua or .260 Remington is the cartridge name/designation....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#28 Post by NoEntry »

NoEntry wrote:As an aside . I have just put in a variation with Merseyside for a 9mm lever release rifle and 9mmx19mm luger Ammunition for it.

I got an email querying if that was correct. I told them that in my opinion it was...I will report when I get my ticket back.

Mike
Got my ticket back yesterday complete slot for 1x9mm rifle. sign92

They didnt put the 600 9x19 ammo on it though.

Back it goes.

Mike
Maggot

#29 Post by Maggot »

meles meles wrote:A simple phone call to the Home Office Firearms Licencing Unit (contact details used to be in Guidance) to inform them that your local police are overstepping the mark, possibly with a comment to your local MP, is all that is required. The police need never know who made the complaint.
In theory fine...then see how long it takes your next variation to come through.

You are of course 100% right, licensing is by calibre, but try telling that to a seller or an RFD that does not want to risk all by testing just how far they can push it.

My lot are a prime example. Because the boss still thinks that .308 is a deer round, they baulk at giving it to you for a target rifle.

They would only give me 7.62x51 and not 7.62x51/308 or 308.

The excuse was "That's what we always give them for target rifles"....so I pointed out that there probably has not been a new rifle in that chambering for decades and .308 was usually the default (it is in F/TR anyways).

It took the fact that my RFD had suggested I made a complaint because it was a silly statement and I had every reason to own.

This was awkward as the complaints system would cause a lot of delays, and is pretty unpleasant for all involved, and bloody unnecessary, particularly between colleagues.

They shifted eventually, and I have had no issues since (although I think that is more down to the FEO being a colleague and knowing I am no hassle).

My point being that it was all pointless and a waste of time and effort (the had to re issue me a new FAC...what a waste of time).

And I still have not gone crazy ape batshit and taken out a shopping mall full of innocents....funny that.

I really think that there are many, many ways in which the various forces could ease their loads just by sticking to statute end not re-inventing the wheel/guidance.

My CC is the ACPO Lead. I would love an hour in a room with him for a coffee, or better still take him to an open day/just shooting and let him see just what a friendly, law abiding bunch we are party2

The law even makes that neigh on impossible in a low key way.

Dave, for what its worth...on post, I would have it in a blink if I had the cash/slot
ovenpaa

#30 Post by ovenpaa »

Bank Holiday Bump
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal