Tactical Rifle - Diggle etc

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

The Gun Pimp

Re: Tactical Rifle - Diggle etc

#11 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Diggle accept visitors for four visits per year. Visitor fee is £15. However, there is no restriction on national comps - like UKBRA, GBFCA etc.

We run monthly tactical shoots and McQueen comps. ('tactical' usually means shot from a bi-pod (but not always) with multiple choice or moving targets usually at more than one distance).

Distances are usually 100 to 600 yards but we occasionally do 800 - 1000 yds.

Any centrefire rifle is OK. I use an 8.5-25 Leupold but you may as well buy something like an 8-32 Sightron and be done with it. Calibres? 308 is popular, so is 6.5x47 and 260 Rem
Grinder

#12 Post by Grinder »

Thanks Gun Pimp, thats awesome and given me some food for thought, thanks very much :-)
Demonic69

#13 Post by Demonic69 »

BamBam wrote: Me personally? What have you heard?
Nothing mate, nothing at all.......... ;-)

I don't read my own signature!
JS569

#14 Post by JS569 »

The Gun Pimp wrote:Diggle accept visitors for four visits per year. Visitor fee is £15. However, there is no restriction on national comps - like UKBRA, GBFCA etc.

We run monthly tactical shoots and McQueen comps. ('tactical' usually means shot from a bi-pod (but not always) with multiple choice or moving targets usually at more than one distance).

Distances are usually 100 to 600 yards but we occasionally do 800 - 1000 yds.

Any centrefire rifle is OK. I use an 8.5-25 Leupold but you may as well buy something like an 8-32 Sightron and be done with it. Calibres? 308 is popular, so is 6.5x47 and 260 Rem
Would a 5.56 be suitable and is the shooting based on accuracy or a case of knocking multiple targets down? I assume their site would be the best place for info on the various comps?
The Gun Pimp

#15 Post by The Gun Pimp »

A 5.56/223 is fine. All competition shooting is accuracy based but usually, in our tactical comps, if you choose a smaller target it gets you more points - if you hit it! The emphasis is on fun - always with safety uppermost of course.