Reloading Kit

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
dave_303

Reloading Kit

#1 Post by dave_303 »

I'm finally in a position to start handloading, but want to assemble the kit on a budget.

After reading Sim Gs piece on the Lee Hand Press (among others) I decided that's the route I wanted to go.

So if anyone is wanting to get rid of

A Lee Hand Press and associated kit.

Lee Powder measure or alike and a RCBS Powder trickler or similar.

Dies for
.303 British
7.5x54
7.5x55
6.5x52

Cheers
Grizzly

Re: Reloading Kit

#2 Post by Grizzly »

I have various reloading gear for sale but I won't be giving them away:

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16887
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Dave .303 please do not try and re load for

.303 British
7.5x54
7.5x55
6.5x52
with a Lee hand press trust me it will not be a pleasant experience. Wait until you have some more money saved and buy a single station press your life will be so much pleasanter believe me.
dave_303

#4 Post by dave_303 »

Alpha it's not just about the money it is also about space , where I currently live and where I'll be moving in July have no room for a proper hand loading station
dave_303

#5 Post by dave_303 »

Still on the look out for bits and bobs, thanks to Sim G I know have some scales and a powder measure, along with a case trimmer and chamfer and powder funnel. (Thanks again mate!)

So anyone got either
7.5x54
7.5x55
6.5x52

dies going please let me know!
DaveT

#6 Post by DaveT »

Alpha1 wrote:Dave .303 please do not try and re load for

.303 British
7.5x54
7.5x55
6.5x52
with a Lee hand press trust me it will not be a pleasant experience. Wait until you have some more money saved and buy a single station press your life will be so much pleasanter believe me.

Can only totally agree with Alpha1's comment regarding the press.......they can be set up on a block of wood and clamped to any robust table then put away when done....far better chance of loading decent ammo without breaking hands.
dave_303

#7 Post by dave_303 »

DaveT wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:Dave .303 please do not try and re load for

.303 British
7.5x54
7.5x55
6.5x52

Can only totally agree with Alpha1's comment regarding the press.......they can be set up on a block of wood and clamped to any robust table then put away when done....far better chance of loading decent ammo without breaking hands.
Still does not beat the fact that for a small press I can get it for £30-40, plus have no issue whatsoever as to where I set it up,

Plus I am a healthy 23 year old, a bit of extra arm work isn't going to kill me. ;)
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

dave_303 wrote:Still on the look out for bits and bobs, thanks to Sim G I know have some scales and a powder measure, along with a case trimmer and chamfer and powder funnel. (Thanks again mate!)
You're more than welcome, Dave. It was stuff that was sat in the cupboard that hopefully you can put to good use. :good:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

DaveT wrote:

Alpha1 wrote:

Dave .303 please do not try and re load for

.303 British
7.5x54
7.5x55
6.5x52

Still does not beat the fact that for a small press I can get it for £30-40, plus have no issue whatsoever as to where I set it up,

Plus I am a healthy 23 year old, a bit of extra arm work isn't going to kill me. ;)
You might be a fit 23 year old but this very experienced 63 year old is trying to help you out here believe me a reloading session with the Lee hand press full length sizing any of the calibers you quote is going to knack. Good luck though I admire your resolve.
DOGGER2UK

#10 Post by DOGGER2UK »

A pair of bulls surveying a herd of cows from a hill.

Young bull to old bull: “Let’s run down and mount a few of them cows”
Old bull:” Let’s walk down and mount them all”