Pressure Plug

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.

Pressure Plug

#1 Post by top »

Anyone know where I can get a pressure plug for my AR-15
John MH

Re: Pressure Plug

#2 Post by John MH »

Yes
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

Que?

B&Q do plugs
OR
these are ok for 220V of pressure
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#4 Post by DaveB »

What is a pressure plug? Never seen one of those on any AR15/M16 I have ever seen.
Demonic69

#5 Post by Demonic69 »

Midway have them, is it for a .22lr conversion?

I don't read my own signature!
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

DaveB wrote:What is a pressure plug? Never seen one of those on any AR15/M16 I have ever seen.

A pressure plug is a hard polymer spacer that fits in front of the standard AR-15 buffer and applies constant pressure to a .22 LR rimfire conversion system to keep it fully seated to the front. This supposedly does away with reliability problems, such as light primer strikes and feeding issues.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#7 Post by DaveB »

snayperskaya wrote:
DaveB wrote:What is a pressure plug? Never seen one of those on any AR15/M16 I have ever seen.

A pressure plug is a hard polymer spacer that fits in front of the standard AR-15 buffer and applies constant pressure to a .22 LR rimfire conversion system to keep it fully seated to the front. This supposedly does away with reliability problems, such as light primer strikes and feeding issues.
Well, you learn something new every day! Thanks for that. Never had a .22 conversion for an AR, so that explains why I have never seen one.

#8 Post by top »

Its the first AR ive had but ive seen them for sale on hear before, and if it makes the rifle more reliable it will be £9 well spent.