Tikka T3 Varmint .260 Remington

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Tikka T3 Varmint .260 Remington

#1 Post by pe4king »

It is with much regret that I have to offer this for sale, but a recent change in circumstances have forced it.

So here we have my Tikka T3 Varmint the details are as follows.

.260 Remington Tikka T3 Varmint barrel with a blued finish threaded 5/8 unf

GRS sporter varmint stock.

AICS mag conversion with 10 rd mag.

20 MOA scope rail.

Deben tilt swivel bipod.

Roedale precision muzzle brake, a slotted brake will also be supplied.

Weaver Tactical rings.

Leupold Mk4 8.5-25 illuminated scope M1 turrets and Alumina caps.

During the time I have owned it I have fired approx. 300 rds, the previous owner I'm told had fired less than 50.

There will be some loaded ammunition included for a face to face sale and I will supply load data that I have.

The rifle is in fantastic condition and the scope is near mint, I will be sorry to see it go as it is a very accurate rifle and has the potential to be tweaked some more.

I am looking for in the region of £2250 for the complete package, or £1550 without the scope.

I will not let the scope go if the rifle isn't already sold.

This is a cracking set up. if you were looking to order a T3 from Tikka in this calibre then you would be looking at approx an 8 month lead time.

I am willing to consider sensible offers.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Tikka T3 Varmint .260 Remington

#2 Post by mag41uk »

This is just what I was looking for about 2 years ago!
If only I had a spare slot and could wangle another 260...........
Tony
techguy

#3 Post by techguy »

I have a .260 slot, and I am on the lookout for one, after I narrowly missed a s/h tikka t3 recently. Unfortunately, I'm after a standard T3 as I want to put it in a chassis system instead, which would seem to be a shame to do that to this rifle.. bit out of my price range at the moment too.

Good luck with the sale though, lovely looking rifle :)
pe4king

#4 Post by pe4king »

How about buying it as is, sell the stock and mag conv, an easy £500-550 and put that towards the chassis, jobs a guddun lol
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#5 Post by mag41uk »

Out of interest what is the barrel length and all up weight as it stands?
pe4king

#6 Post by pe4king »

mag41uk wrote:Out of interest what is the barrel length and all up weight as it stands?
Barrel is 22", total weight not too sure at the moment, I'll check when I get home
pe4king

#7 Post by pe4king »

I have just checked, the barrel length is 510 mm, unfortunately I have no scales to weigh the rifle but I can estimate by the sum of the main components to be around 5kg
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

In English.....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
pe4king

#9 Post by pe4king »

For the uninitiated, and Simon 20" and 11 lb approx :55: troutslapping
pe4king

#10 Post by pe4king »

A quick amendment here thanks Sim the barrel is 24" or 600mm