Live L1A1 Straight pull rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Live L1A1 Straight pull rifle

#41 Post by bnz41 »

When you think of what you could do for the price and own something un butchered.[/quote]

Please list sign92 as long as straight pull :run:
Maggot

#42 Post by Maggot »

bnz41 wrote:When you think of what you could do for the price and own something un butchered.

Please list sign92 as long as straight pull :run:[/quote]

No need to run.

Like for like the Schmidt Rubin is a lovely example of an un butchered straight pull. Go no further, give it to me over that chunk any day.

If you then forget straight pull the following are all good solid performers.

Any sensibly priced enfield

Any Mauser

Any Remmy 700

In fact any sensibly priced as issued old wooden rifle or sporter. OK, you may have a 10 round advantage on most but hey.

Don't include the CSR type AR straight pulls, they are usually not chop shop jobs, aint cheap and perform as required for a specific task.
bnz41

#43 Post by bnz41 »

Maggot wrote:
bnz41 wrote:When you think of what you could do for the price and own something un butchered.

Please list sign92 as long as straight pull :run:
No need to run.

Like for like the Schmidt Rubin is a lovely example of an un butchered straight pull. Go no further, give it to me over that chunk any day. HAVE one, an ex competition rifle but only 6 round mag.

If you then forget straight pull the following are all good solid performers.

Any sensibly priced enfield HAVE 5 Enfields

Any Mauser HAVE 2 Mausers K98 M48

Any Remmy 700 Have SPS .223

In fact any sensibly priced as issued old wooden rifle or sporter. OK, you may have a 10 round advantage on most but hey. HAVE use of 3

Don't include the CSR type AR straight pulls, they are usually not chop shop jobs, aint cheap and perform as required for a specific task.[/quote] HAVE had 4 1x Decade 3x SGC

What I do not have is a SP L1A1 I will keep looking and thanks for your reply :good: (but do have Ruger Mini 30 sp & Inland .30M1 carbine sp)
HALODIN

#44 Post by HALODIN »

Just to wet your whistle!
Attachments
DSC_5810.jpg
bnz41

#45 Post by bnz41 »

sign92 very nice what scope is that ? looks very much like my old one.
HALODIN

#46 Post by HALODIN »

It's an Fabrique Nationale (FN) produced Argentine contract scope, made by Hensoldt on a stanag mount. It came in the original box.
Attachments
$_57 (1).jpg
bnz41

#47 Post by bnz41 »

Nice :good: thanks for the info.
nickb834

#48 Post by nickb834 »

HALODIN wrote:It's an Fabrique Nationale (FN) produced Argentine contract scope.........
Traitor razz

Get something patriotic on there (regardless of how crap it may or may not be)!!

Seriously though - that rifle looks mint - want! If you ever want to part with it there'll be a bidding war methinks (I'm interested!)
HALODIN

#49 Post by HALODIN »

Think of it more along the lines of captured equipment... :flag13:

Yeh it has a new receiver and new most things, so it's probably as mint as you think it is. I've got to say I love mine, it has the best open sight picture of any rifle I've used. :good:
nickb834 wrote:Traitor razz

Get something patriotic on there (regardless of how crap it may or may not be)!!

Seriously though - that rifle looks mint - want! If you ever want to part with it there'll be a bidding war methinks (I'm interested!)
bnz41

#50 Post by bnz41 »

Laverda981 wrote:
HALODIN wrote:Fair enough, obviously the two of you have history! :good:

Got to say I really like my FAL, it feels right in the hands... nice weight, nice balance and nice easy on the eye iron sights. I'm considering trimming the recoil spring on mine, just to make the extraction a bit easier. With .308 it doesn't stick in the chamber like it does with 7.62x51 NATO, but the spring is too bloody strong for a straight pull.
Recently picked up an Imbel FAL. Tried it with cheapo .308 from ITL, 3 rounds 3 hard extractions. S&B cycles & extracts flawlessly & easily & mine has an L1A1 small, folding cocking handle fitted.

ttiuwp

No pictures No rifle.....

Try GGG 7.62 Nato ammo should also work well.