Steyr AUG wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

Steyr AUG wanted

#1 Post by jmc67 »

Bit of a long shot, given a couple of them have recently sold on here, but I'm toying with the idea of getting a Steyr AUG and was wondering whether anyone has got one they're thinking of getting rid of. Based in or around Bisley area would be ideal for viewing.
Matt

Re: Steyr AUG wanted

#2 Post by Matt »

Fultons have one advertised, can't get much closer to bisley :p

Not sure on if it's a bit expensive though......
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#3 Post by kennyc »

Matt wrote:Fultons have one advertised, can't get much closer to bisley :p

Not sure on if it's a bit expensive though......
its expensive!! (by about £6-700)
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by jmc67 »

Yeah, saw that one at the weekend, but the price seemed, well, a little on the steep side. I only mentioned close to bisley as that's where I shoot.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#5 Post by Geek »

jmc67 wrote:Bit of a long shot, given a couple of them have recently sold on here, but I'm toying with the idea of getting a Steyr AUG and was wondering whether anyone has got one they're thinking of getting rid of. Based in or around Bisley area would be ideal for viewing.
Why the AUG has opposed to an AR?

I do like mine: I purchased my AUG, firstly because I like the look and secondly because it was considerably less expensive than an AR.

I have had ‘work’ done on mine by Low Mill Ranges, which has made the firearm much easier to use and more pleasant to shoot – modified trigger, charging handle and barrel release button.

It does 'ping' the brass across the range and a brass catcher is a worthwhile purchase.

Edit - ps magazines are expensive to purchase separately.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#6 Post by kennyc »

Geek wrote:
jmc67 wrote:Bit of a long shot, given a couple of them have recently sold on here, but I'm toying with the idea of getting a Steyr AUG and was wondering whether anyone has got one they're thinking of getting rid of. Based in or around Bisley area would be ideal for viewing.
Why the AUG has opposed to an AR?

I do like mine: I purchased my AUG, firstly because I like the look and secondly because it was considerably less expensive than an AR.

I have had ‘work’ done on mine by Low Mill Ranges, which has made the firearm much easier to use and more pleasant to shoot – modified trigger, charging handle and barrel release button.

It does 'ping' the brass across the range and a brass catcher is a worthwhile purchase.

Edit - ps magazines are expensive to purchase separately.
I used the "ping brass across the range " feature to dump the cheap brass straight into the bin so as to avoid extra handling :good: it was also a useful feature when people started bitching about .22LR brass from semi auto's it showed them things could get worse troutslapping
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by jmc67 »

Few reasons geek. I like the look of them. I have a thing for quirky guns, and the bullpup design ticks the box. I also like Steyr's - I have a .308 Steyr, which I really like.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#8 Post by Geek »

jmc67 wrote:Few reasons geek. I like the look of them. I have a thing for quirky guns, and the bullpup design ticks the box. I also like Steyr's - I have a .308 Steyr, which I really like.
This is mine, before the Low Mill Range modifications:

Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S