.303 ammunition

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Gaz

.303 ammunition

#1 Post by Gaz »

I'm looking for a reasonably priced source of .303 for a club course. Will need 500rds. Quality not hugely important, but price is.

Thanks in advance... any???? helpsign
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: .303 ammunition

#2 Post by mag41uk »

The problem will be there is only Privvi around AFAIK.
Reloading it would be cheaper if you have 500 empty cases.
Is this to be used in a rifle you own?
ITL is £60 a 100 not sure on NRA.
I can help you reload if that's an option.
Tony
Gaz

#3 Post by Gaz »

£60/100 for Privi isn't too bad, but I used to be able to buy S&B a good £10-£15/100 cheaper than that. All the S&B supply seems to have dried up though.

This is to be used in a variety of club rifles. Reloading may be option depending on net cost per 100, I do have quite a bit of once-fired S&B brass knocking around...
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

Don't want to put a downer on your reloading idea , but if its not being used by you in your rifle , and heavens forbid something goes wrong , who will be in the do do ?

Dave
Flanker

#5 Post by Flanker »

Dave 101 wrote:Don't want to put a downer on your reloading idea , but if its not being used by you in your rifle , and heavens forbid something goes wrong , who will be in the do do ?

Dave
I'd say go for it if you're a competent reloader. I appreciate there's a theoretical risk, but how often does reloaded ammunition actually blow up when made by a competent person?

Could you use a load that's well inside the parameters and get someone good to work with you checking each round at each stage? It's only an evenings work to produce the number your talking about.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

500 rounds in a evening to be used in some one else's rifle or rifles hmmmm.
Gazoo

#7 Post by Gazoo »

oh where did all the Indian stuff go ????
I know I'm living in the past.
Gazoo

#8 Post by Gazoo »

I am always interested in any RG or old stuff for the plinking of.
Charlie Muggins

#9 Post by Charlie Muggins »

Supposedly the Indians are still making MkVIIz in quantity, and it comes on chargers too. However they don't seem to like selling abroad, despite their export division.