12 bore greener like new very good condition

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

12 bore greener like new very good condition

#1 Post by the running man »

well ive had this for a while and not shot it, i had some crazy thought about using it with sabot rounds and sticking a scope on it etc etc etc, but you know how the best laid plans go !

its in very good condition, theres a little wear off the blue on top where ones eft hand would go,and a few little marks where some of the pins go in, ive never seen one in quite as good condition im after £200 Bristol....
greener 1.jpg
greener 2.jpg
greener 3.jpg
Last edited by the running man on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
the running man

Re: 12 bore greener like new very good condition

#2 Post by the running man »

greener 4.jpg
the fourth picture!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

you say sabot rounds... i take it solid slug would be a bit too pokey for one of these?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
the running man

#4 Post by the running man »

It's a 3/4 fixed choke by the way,so ide have had to have a bit if work done to fire slug.
bofor

#5 Post by bofor »

the running man wrote:It's a 3/4 fixed choke by the way,so ide have had to have a bit if work done to fire slug.
What`s the barrel length ?
the running man

#6 Post by the running man »

Ummm ude think ide know, well it's not 28, it's 30 or 32....Ile measure it for you...
nickb834

#7 Post by nickb834 »

the running man wrote:It's a 3/4 fixed choke by the way,so ide have had to have a bit if work done to fire slug.
Not necessarily true - 3/4 is what 25 thou - 12 bore being nominally .729 so we're looking at .704.

Some slugs are fine to be shot upto and including full choke, I've shot slug at 3/4 (well, improved modified) out of my mossberg during a number of PSG matches - though to be fair that's obviously a lot newer than a Greener 12g.
the running man

#8 Post by the running man »

Mate then you buy it an test your theory!
nickb834

#9 Post by nickb834 »

the running man wrote:Mate then you buy it an test your theory!
Haha,

It's not a theory - I shoot slug with 3/4 on my mossberg, other PSGers shoot different chokes - some full, some 1/4 etc - all depends what works and is safe to do so.

All I'm sugggesting to you is to keep that lovely gun (it is pretty but I have no use for it really) given that you're not really asking a lot for it - and use it as a slug gun; could be fun for boar for eg?

That said - if you haven't sold it in a while - I'll punt you an offer.

Nick
bofor

#10 Post by bofor »

the running man wrote:Ummm ude think ide know, well it's not 28, it's 30 or 32....Ile measure it for you...
Have you measured it yet ?

And where are you ?