Origional Mini 14 20 round Mag n bipod attachment

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Mdwysc
Home club or Range: Bisley

Origional Mini 14 20 round Mag n bipod attachment

#1 Post by Mdwysc »

Hi, the above says it all really. Ruger OEM one please. Also the bipod attachment required. Just got hold of a cheep Mini 14 for my son to shoot at short ranges. It's a nice first rifle for him rather than borrowing all the time.
Thanks
Nerf pistol reloading expert
Super soaker long distance world champion
cap pistol quick draw 56 times world champion
pea shooter 15 yards indoor Homewood Comp 1981 undefeated middleweight title holder
Sixshot6

Re: Origional Mini 14 20 round Mag n bipod attachment

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

Mdwysc wrote:Hi, the above says it all really. Ruger OEM one please. Also the bipod attachment required. Just got hold of a cheep Mini 14 for my son to shoot at short ranges. It's a nice first rifle for him rather than borrowing all the time.
Thanks
I haven't got any for sale, but
http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf ... /780002515

£35.20 for a 20 rounder. Sadly they are more expensive than AR mags. There were some for sale on gunstar a while back, but appear to have disappeared. They seem to me to be the only source though.
Mdwysc

#3 Post by Mdwysc »

Sixshot6 wrote:
Mdwysc wrote:Hi, the above says it all really. Ruger OEM one please. Also the bipod attachment required. Just got hold of a cheep Mini 14 for my son to shoot at short ranges. It's a nice first rifle for him rather than borrowing all the time.
Thanks
I haven't got any for sale, but
http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf ... /780002515

£35.20 for a 20 rounder. Sadly they are more expensive than AR mags. There were some for sale on gunstar a while back, but appear to have disappeared. They seem to me to be the only source though.
I had a nose around the net and couldn't find much, thanks for the link, yup a tad more than I wanted to pay but as they are hard to come by its all I can get. Thanks for that
pea shooter 15 yards indoor Homewood Comp 1981 undefeated middleweight title holder
Sixshot6

#4 Post by Sixshot6 »

Well Brownells does sell some Tapco 30 round mini 14 mags.

http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf ... /100005639

Not original Ruger mags but the reviews seem to say they are reasonable (certainly better than Promag). Seems to be that so long as you avoid steel cases in them, they are fine. £19.10.
Sixshot6

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

they also have this http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf ... /687000094

If you wanted to make it more tactical. Give it an extended charging handle and with the right ammo should be as good as a straight pull AR.
Mdwysc

#6 Post by Mdwysc »

That's a nice stock. The boy is only 11 though and this is only until he has grown enough to shoot a nice bolt. He is restricted to a 70gr 223 at Bisley. The Mini 14 should be good enough for him out to maybe 300 at a push.
Sixshot6

#7 Post by Sixshot6 »

Mdwysc wrote:That's a nice stock. The boy is only 11 though and this is only until he has grown enough to shoot a nice bolt. He is restricted to a 70gr 223 at Bisley. The Mini 14 should be good enough for him out to maybe 300 at a push.
Well its adjustable and who knows, might encourage him a bit more. I've found with kids that sometimes giving them something to make something that is there's a bit more special than what others have might encourage them a bit more. Plus you never know, the pistol grip might come in handy. Just realized, you mentioning 70grn 223, just get the ruger factory 20 rounders from brownells instead of the tapco's I showed. I think they're not so good for handloads and it sounds as though you are using Handloads. Discount me suggesting the tapco and just go for the factory rugers. Also a nice muzzle brake may be good for the lad.