M1 Book wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
froggy

M1 Book wanted

#1 Post by froggy »

I am looking for Bruce Canfield's book Complete Guide to the M1 Garand and the M1 Carbine

I have trouble finding one for sale in the UK. So, if you have a copy you have read dozens of time and know back to front and don't need anymore, please let me know .
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: M1 Book wanted

#2 Post by TattooedGun »

froggy

#3 Post by froggy »

Thanks VM Ste . It is actually for our Czech fellow class mate that added recently couple of new toys to his collection & he wants to learn more about them .
Looks like Amazon will be Plan B if I can not find one in the UK ;)
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

:good:

Speaking of... My trigger finger is itchy and it's getting warm.. time for another class? :D
froggy

#5 Post by froggy »

Like wise ... O:-)
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

Look on abebooks
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

The Collector Grade title GAS TRAP GARANDS is worth shelf space too.

There are a couple of decent books by Scott Duff as well....though will need to check these when I get home
froggy

#8 Post by froggy »

I will tell him about the "Gas trap Garand" I had a quick look , is the author Billy Pyle ?
If you can think about any other good tittle worth the read, I will pass your recommendation - Thanks VM Ratty . :good:
saddler

#9 Post by saddler »

Gas Traps book is by Pyle

The Scott Duff ones are also worth checking out, plus a quick search shows up a new reference guide of his as well

Not got that much on the M1 Garand...preferred the M1 that I DID own pre-ban - the Carbine: so have the War Baby reference books.
DO miss my M1 Carbine. Brilliant range fun-guns and my first foray into reloading (as it was my first real rifle)
froggy

#10 Post by froggy »

My friend went for plan B & ordered from the US . Ste & Ratty , many thanks for your help :good: