SSG-69 Magazine parts

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Alpha1

Re: SSG-69 Magazine parts

#21 Post by Alpha1 »

Id be interested in three sets if the price was not exorbitant. I think the ten round ones are different from the 5 round mag but I might be wrong.
JSC
Home club or Range: NRA

#22 Post by JSC »

Yes, the 10 and 5 rnd ones are slightly different.
Scotsgun

#23 Post by Scotsgun »

It's not worth it. I got fed up replacing broken release clips and snapped cases so I made CAD files for a replacement single stack magazine with a cast plastic top to fit the SSGs magazine well. A local engineering firm quoted a unit price of almost £50 for a production run of 100!

I then started work on a plastic adapter which would allow me to use another magazine which is already commercially available, such as an aics. It's still sitting on my PC somewhere. I lost interest when a t*@t with a white van decided to bounce my motorbike and I through a concrete barrier.
JSC

#24 Post by JSC »

Thanks to a tip off I have managed to source some from Sportsman in Dorset. For future reference, they say they can get them as spares. They're £5.50 each, but that's cheaper than buying new mags or having them manufactured.

A metal replacement would be ideal, but as long as they can get the OEM spares I suppose this is the most cost-effective repair.

The 10 rnd mag parts can be easily modified from the 5 rnd ones FYI.
ovenpaa

#25 Post by ovenpaa »

That is a good price, I certainly could not make them in aluminium for that price.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
JSC

#26 Post by JSC »

They are the OEM plastic ones though, so eventually they will break again. It would still be interesting to know how much a batch of ali ones would cost to make.