39A Mountie

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

39A Mountie

#1 Post by Sim G »

Here's a nice little Marlin 39A Mountie. .22lr, but if you can find them, it will also feed, fire and eject .22 long and .22 short. You can even mix them up in the tube and it wouldn't matter! This is a 1966 manufactured, 20" barrel. It's a "working gun", in a half decent condition but with some handling marks and a little bit of speckling on the finish on the frame. some marks on the top strap from where someone at sometime has done something, but it's been blued and is cosmetic. You'd have no worries putting this down on the bench or ground after shooting.

She's reliable and shucks away nicely all day long. a couple of years ago I replaced the mag and ejector springs and this was going to have a shortening and Scout treatment added, but just one of those projects that fell by the wayside...

Half decent examples of these are becoming harder to find. Mint examples are nigh on impossible and people want four figures for them! Before even the good or average examples become almost unattainable, grab one. Looking at what's on the gun selling sites, this one is lovely by comparison and cheap!!! Every gun cabinet should have room for a rim fire lever gun!

£285.

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6

Re: 39A Mountie

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:Here's a nice little Marlin 39A Mountie. .22lr, but if you can find them, it will also feed, fire and eject .22 long and .22 short. You can even mix them up in the tube and it wouldn't matter! This is a 1966 manufactured, 20" barrel. It's a "working gun", in a half decent condition but with some handling marks and a little bit of speckling on the finish on the frame. some marks on the top strap from where someone at sometime has done something, but it's been blued and is cosmetic. You'd have no worries putting this down on the bench or ground after shooting.

She's reliable and shucks away nicely all day long. a couple of years ago I replaced the mag and ejector springs and this was going to have a shortening and Scout treatment added, but just one of those projects that fell by the wayside...

Half decent examples of these are becoming harder to find. Mint examples are nigh on impossible and people want four figures for them! Before even the good or average examples become almost unattainable, grab one. Looking at what's on the gun selling sites, this one is lovely by comparison and cheap!!! Every gun cabinet should have room for a rim fire lever gun!

£285.

Its a beaut Sim, you are the marlin Guru. I can imagine you in your workspace garbed in the finest gear that the county of Kent has to offer and dining on the best greggs has to offer lol . All the while extolling advice on the best marlins for any given situation. I've already said you had the touch and I'm not doing that again. Hope you're well too.
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

....and he neglected to point out; these are a take down design. The thumb screw on the right side of the receiver allows the gun to be split into two halves. Nice & compact for easier transportation.
greenshoots

#4 Post by greenshoots »

us offincinados new that already by the way its not a thumb screw the slot gives it away but us offininados already know what to use :wales:

greenshoots
saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

...my guess is it wasn't spellchecker....
greenshoots

#6 Post by greenshoots »

i find phonetic quicker these days LOL

greenshoots
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

No one wants a classic, quality rim fire lever rifle? What's wrong with you lot?! This is dirt cheap as well!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

I know ovenpaa would have it in a flash however there are things higher up on the list lol
Andy632

#9 Post by Andy632 »

I've already got one, lovely little Rifle. Mine was given to me 'cos the previous owner couldn't find a buyer. :o
Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

Should have been by PM