Wanted - Tokarev 7.62x25 Dies

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

Wanted - Tokarev 7.62x25 Dies

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

Does anyone have a set of 7.62x25 Tokarev dies gathering dust that they would like to sell?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Wanted - Tokarev 7.62x25 Dies

#2 Post by WelshShooter »

If you're desparate Kranks have the 7,62 Tokarev steel dies on their website. I've often wondered why they stock so many different pistol calibre dies (as I thought humane dispatch was most likely .357mag or 9mm)? I'm curious more than anything, perhaps there are castrated (de-activated) TT-33's knocking around that people make dummy rounds for?
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#3 Post by DanTheMan »

You can shoot the TT33 in the UK with a sec7.3, you can also make Tok dummy rounds with a .308 neck die and a 9mm seater if you can't source Tok dies.

WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by WelshShooter »

DanTheMan wrote:You can shoot the TT33 in the UK with a sec7.3, you can also make Tok dummy rounds with a .308 neck die and a 9mm seater if you can't source Tok dies.
Very cool! I'll be honest, I've never heard of Section 7.3, I've heard a friend speaking of another "friend" who knew a friend who had a Colt 1911 but had to remain on the range under lock and key.

Are there only certain ranges that are allowed to keep Section 7.3 firearms on site? How does one apply for a Section 7.3 firearm?
nickb834

#5 Post by nickb834 »

All the info you need:

https://sites.google.com/site/hbsauk/

Explains 7.1 and 7.3 for you and lists the sites.....
Sixshot6

#6 Post by Sixshot6 »

They also keep them for gun owners in NI and the Isle of man also.
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

I suspect there are more than just a few unlicensed TT33's and similar in the hands of the wrong people and they have to source ammunition from somewhere... :bad:

Personally I need the dies for a Wildcat experiment and the shoulder angle is not incredibly important as the brass will be head spaced off a rim and fire formed so dies for the 7.63×25mm Mauser (.30 Mauser Auto) would suffice as well. I had considered using .308 however I would loose support for the body which means the parent cases will probably crease.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal