P14 Fore Sight Blade

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Tower75

P14 Fore Sight Blade

#1 Post by Tower75 »

Hi, all.

Happy Tuesday.

To explain the situation, I'm after a P14 fore sight blade. The one I currently have is numbered 090, I'm told I need a smaller one, which is possibly a number 040 or 045, (I'm told). I don't really fancy filling the one I have.

Now, after completing the standard internet searches of "P14 rifle fore sight blade" and getting a plethora of US shooting forums and adverts for light bulbs pop-up, I thought I'd ask here:

1) Does anyone know of a dealer whom may have these in stock? And,

2) Are the fore sight blades for the SMLE and P14 the same? I can find a lot of SMLE blades online, but not P14 one.

Kind regards
duff eyed doyle

Re: P14 Fore Sight Blade

#2 Post by duff eyed doyle »

Smle and no.4 blades are not interchangeable to the p14. Only possibility I could suggest is fultons. Personally I would just file it down till it shot point of aim.
Tower75

#3 Post by Tower75 »

duff eyed doyle wrote:Smle and no.4 blades are not interchangeable to the p14. Only possibility I could suggest is fultons. Personally I would just file it down till it shot point of aim.
Bugger.

Thanks, Duff.

Someone needs to start 3D printing these things.
Steve E

#4 Post by Steve E »

SMLE and No4 foresight blades will fit, you just need to adjust the dove tail on the blade base slightly with a file.
Original P14 sight blades are rarer than hens teeth.
A good alternative is to use Bren Gun fore sight blades and file the height of the blade down to suit.
Tower75

#5 Post by Tower75 »

Steve E wrote:SMLE and No4 foresight blades will fit, you just need to adjust the dove tail on the blade base slightly with a file.
A good alternative is to use Bren Gun fore sight blades and file the height of the blade down to suit.
Interesting. Do you know the reward/effort factor of that? Do you know how much you need to file off?

Bren gun blades? Are those available, then? I hadn't considered that.
Steve E

#6 Post by Steve E »

Tower75 wrote:
Steve E wrote:SMLE and No4 foresight blades will fit, you just need to adjust the dove tail on the blade base slightly with a file.
Interesting. Do you know the reward/effort factor of that? Do you know how much you need to file off?

It's a couple of strokes with a file. I am willing to bet that the blade you have already on your rifle is from an SMLE. Takes about 20 seconds to remove less than .005".
Tower75

#7 Post by Tower75 »

Steve E wrote:
Tower75 wrote:

It's a couple of strokes with a file. I am willing to bet that the blade you have already on your rifle is from an SMLE. Takes about 20 seconds to remove less than .005".
Interesting, this makes things easier. Truth be told, I have no idea if it's an SMLE or a P14 blade. I shall compare my SMLE and P14 rifles and see if I can tell.

Either way, if I can fit an SMLE blade into the P14 that make my life easier.

Thank you kindly :good: