Deactivated AKS-74U

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
cmmg warrior

Re: Deactivated AKS-74U

#11 Post by cmmg warrior »

snayperskaya wrote:
cmmg warrior wrote:It cocks and dry fires but it hasn't got a certificate with it. My friend says he never had one when he bought it from D J Litts in Newport and we all know what happened to Andrew Litt . But you can plainly tell its deactivated.
Does anyone know what the proof marks on a pre '89 deact are supposed to look like and I'll ask him to look for them.
I believe this is one of the Tula Arsenal factory produced "deactivated" AKs that are made as dedicated non-firing versions from the word go and have never been a functioning firearm and therefore aren't actually deactivated in the true sense.Usually etched or engraved on the receiver will be three Cyrillic letters (look like Mrb actually mgv, some have mmg as well) that denoted it as a "dummy" AK-74u.Oleg at Rusmilitary is/was selling quite a range at one time, including the SVD and AN-94 Abakan assault rifle (very rare!).
These factory produced dummy versions were also produced by the Izhmash Arsenal (now KalashnikovConcern).

Yes, it does have Mrb on the receiver. Along with other inscriptions. So it lools like it is one of those.

Whats it worth if that's what it is?
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

cmmg warrior wrote:

It's worth £160...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

#13 Post by saddler »

If it's a dummy/repro as opposed to a de-act then it's a different animal legally.

VCRA restrictions apply.....so more rules on who can purchase it, as it's a Realistic Imitation Firearm.
cmmg warrior

#14 Post by cmmg warrior »

Thanks snayperskaya for the heads up. It looks like it is indeed one of the AKS's Rusmilitary was selling.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/deact_aksu.htm

I'll let the guy who owns it know, see what he wants to do with it now.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#15 Post by snayperskaya »

cmmg warrior wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
cmmg warrior wrote:It cocks and dry fires but it hasn't got a certificate with it. My friend says he never had one when he bought it from D J Litts in Newport and we all know what happened to Andrew Litt . But you can plainly tell its deactivated.
Does anyone know what the proof marks on a pre '89 deact are supposed to look like and I'll ask him to look for them.
I believe this is one of the Tula Arsenal factory produced "deactivated" AKs that are made as dedicated non-firing versions from the word go and have never been a functioning firearm and therefore aren't actually deactivated in the true sense.Usually etched or engraved on the receiver will be three Cyrillic letters (look like Mrb actually mgv, some have mmg as well) that denoted it as a "dummy" AK-74u.Oleg at Rusmilitary is/was selling quite a range at one time, including the SVD and AN-94 Abakan assault rifle (very rare!).
These factory produced dummy versions were also produced by the Izhmash Arsenal (now KalashnikovConcern).

Yes, it does have Mrb on the receiver. Along with other inscriptions. So it lools like it is one of those.

The
'MAKET' on left side translates from Russian as dummy or Copy.Right side of the receiver has 'Made in Russia' in Cyrillic script, the Tula Arsenal mark and the Cyrillic 'MGV' model mark.The stylised 'PCT' is the Russian State Standard or GOST mark, which is a standard mark that came into being in the days of the Soviet Union to ensure products made in different parts of the vast Soviet Empire conformed to the same standards and specs.

And yes its worth about £160
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
HALODIN

#16 Post by HALODIN »

How much did it cost new?
cmmg warrior

#17 Post by cmmg warrior »

Just had a chat with the lad that owns it and he's happy to let it go for £160. So whoever wants it and can collect from an HR1 postcode in the next week can have it.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#18 Post by DanTheMan »

I'm still having it and I'm VCRA :)
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#19 Post by snayperskaya »

DanTheMan wrote:I'm still having it and I'm VCRA :)
And?......I'm CP1977*

*Cycling Proficiency (1977) :p
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
breacher

#20 Post by breacher »

I'm Spartacus !!