1/2 inch UNF thread protector

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
JackDavis

#1 Post by JackDavis »

I am after one of these for my CZ452 style, I'm looking for one that matches up with my barrel Colour it's stainless steel nickel plated

Looking for something that you wouldn't notice it on there so willing to pay abit extra then just the standard run of the mill ones

Thanks Jack
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: 1/2 inch UNF thread protector

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

A local machine shop should be able to do that with little hassle, particularly given the common thread.
DVC
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Sounds like a job for the shooting shed.
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

Not really, the request is very specific and is for a Stainless and nickel plated thread protector. I can do stainless and even do the nickel side of things however it would electro less. What I cannot easily do is match the colour and to machine something approaching an invisible protecter for a rifle I do not have in my hands would not be easy.

As an example I recently asked someone to measure something, they did and sent me the measurement, unfortunately they were using a vernier calliper and I use calibrated digital micrometer that reads to five decimal places and usually within a given temperature range, I am also probably more used to using measuring devices so the part ended up slightly under size.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal