26mm Period rings wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

26mm Period rings wanted

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I am after a set of 1960's ish rings for a 26mm tube (Pecar) if anyone has anything they wish to sell.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Meaty

Re: 26mm Period rings wanted

#2 Post by Meaty »

I had to bore out some 1" rings when I wanted to mount a 26.4mm(?) Hensholt Wetzlar scope. That was a bit of an ar$e puckering moment!
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

Parker Hale
Leupold
Warne

None of the above are currently made in 26mm but have been in the past.

The most annoying thing with 26mm rings is being told by all the experts to just use 1" rings instead, as they're the same....!!
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#4 Post by pe4king »

David
There was a set of parker hale RAH4 on ebay last week for £40 but I cant see them now, what about these and hone them to 26mm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telescopic-si ... SwKtlWpm8q
Emma custom have some but they all seem to be 3/8" dovetail, and Helstons only have 1"
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

I need the rings for an 11mm rail/slots and the 'scope to go on is a Pecar. It has been done before so I just need to track down some suitable candidates. I do have some 1" here albeit a bit new for the rifle so I could always ream them out however it seems wrong as they would look out of place.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robert303

#6 Post by Robert303 »

I think I may be able to help I have Parker Hale RAH3 and RAH 4s but cannot get at my stock easily. Will try to PM next week.
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

That sounds good Robert. Thank you.
/d

Shed Journal
pe4king

#8 Post by pe4king »

David
Those RAH4 rings wont fit an 11mm slot they are for PH roll off bases.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Robert303

#9 Post by Robert303 »

pe4king Thanks for the info. It's a long time since I looked at them. Ovenpaa it sounds like you may need to continue your search. May I ask what Pecar scope you have and what you are putting it on?
pe4king

#10 Post by pe4king »

Robert if you do find those RAH4 bases I know somebody at our club is looking for a set.