Hornady .224 Collet insert wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

Hornady .224 Collet insert wanted

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I have a load of rather dodgy looking .223 that I need to pull and it is so badly crimped my Kinetic hammer has given up so does anyone have a spare Hornady collet insert they would like to sell as it looks like everyone is out of them at the moment.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Rab

Re: Hornady .224 Collet insert wanted

#2 Post by Rab »

If you have no luck on here then Brownell UK has them in stock. http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf ... /749001375
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

Just had an order last week from the US Brownells....can add it to the next one if you are no huge rush

OR

Get a new 'ammer - mine has gone on for a couple of decades without problems - but I'm not using my lass as an anvil for it
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

Brownells UK will not have it in stock, everything they list comes in from the USA. Saddler, how are you managing to buy in from Brownells USA, I thought they no longer shipped direct to here.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
saddler

#5 Post by saddler »

Ovenpaa wrote:Saddler, how are you managing to buy in from Brownells USA, I thought they no longer shipped direct to here.
Aye - they DON'T ship to the UK.
Not telling green55
Rab

#6 Post by Rab »

So on their UK website they say they have it in stock when they really don't have it? Is that right.
Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

how about you make one....along with the one you were going to make for me a while back? teanews :D

(PS....if its proper Mill surp a gentle tweak in a vice is just enough to break the pitch seal without deforming the neck....cover the jaws and you will feel the pitch seal crack, should be able to pop it out clamped in a mole grip banged on a block of wood (again protect the case with some leather)just like a kinetic, just don't go mad or the powder goes everywhere)
ovenpaa

#8 Post by ovenpaa »

Rab wrote:So on their UK website they say they have it in stock when they really don't have it? Is that right.
Rab, yes that is the way they work, orders are placed with them here in the UK and then shipped in from the USA.

Maggot I am seriously considering such tactics...
/d

Shed Journal