Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
breacher

Re: Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

#31 Post by breacher »

huntervixen wrote:
Gundoc wrote:
inderrajsingh wrote:Yeah I'm currently serving, it's not an issue I don't think to put an acog sight on to the sa80's, I wouldn't put an eotech on there, however, I thought the trigicon's were all tritium illuminated?

I've shot with an acog before and I like it better than the susat, as the bar on the susat has a knack of hiding half your target and obscuring any Bullet drop/splash.

If I manage to get an EOTECH it will go on a .22.
Let me just point out that the minute you try this (I'm guessing you are in a non-teeth arms unit, or you would have an LDS fitted) you'll be bounced so high you'll need clearance from air traffic control.
Rifles are issued from the armoury according to unit scales, any messing with this will cause you lots and lots of aggro from, in the following order.
Your Sect commander will ask WTF you think you are doing fitting an non issued sight unit
Your Pl/Tp Sgt (if your sect comdr hasn't managed to brief you quick enough) will probably fly into an apoplectic rage, causing your
Pl Comdr to notice that something isn't quite right.

aside from the issue of 'it not issued to your unit' you are dealing with the issue of 'illegally modifying your issued firearm' just because the army issues ACOG to certain units for use on certain weapons, does not mean that you can just buy one and put it on.

oh, and some grumpy old Armourer Sgt might spot you. then you're F*cked.
just for giggles why don't you let me know what unit you are with and I'll give my opposite number a heads up.........

On the subject of ACOGs from Beechwood, they are second user units, when I got a serial No. from them to see how old it was, it was around 9yrs old- so almost pretty much at its half life (meaning the Tritium would be very dim, if visible at all)
Agreed, bound to end up with an interview without coffee and biscuits, from a purely practical perspective, you would need the adaptor rail for the A2.

Also anyone buying an ACOG, make sure you buy them from a reputable retail source (stay away from certain auction sites), by that I mean you must ensure it hasn't walked out of an Army base somewhere, the MOD Police are very active these days chasing down stolen MOD property, very good chance you will be prosecuted for receiving, with the subsequent very real danger of loosing your FAC as part of the bargain!

Not worth it.
As far as I know - if you buy anything from a legitimate source especially with a papertrail, you can argue that you bought the item in good faith. Unless of course the advert intimates the item fell off the back of a lorry.

For example, dodgy company supply Tescos. You buy item from Tesco. Item turns out to have been stolen. Neither you nor tesco will be prosecuted for "receiving".

If you bought it off an anonymous man in a pub, it might be different...............
huntervixen

#32 Post by huntervixen »

Absolutely, buy from a legitimate source, then you can have some assurance its an MOD surplus item with a paper trail to prove it.

So much stolen gear is floating about on ebay its staggering!
Maggot

#33 Post by Maggot »

huntervixen wrote:
Gundoc wrote:
inderrajsingh wrote:Yeah I'm currently serving, it's not an issue I don't think to put an acog sight on to the sa80's, I wouldn't put an eotech on there, however, I thought the trigicon's were all tritium illuminated?

I've shot with an acog before and I like it better than the susat, as the bar on the susat has a knack of hiding half your target and obscuring any Bullet drop/splash.

If I manage to get an EOTECH it will go on a .22.
Let me just point out that the minute you try this (I'm guessing you are in a non-teeth arms unit, or you would have an LDS fitted) you'll be bounced so high you'll need clearance from air traffic control.
Rifles are issued from the armoury according to unit scales, any messing with this will cause you lots and lots of aggro from, in the following order.
Your Sect commander will ask WTF you think you are doing fitting an non issued sight unit
Your Pl/Tp Sgt (if your sect comdr hasn't managed to brief you quick enough) will probably fly into an apoplectic rage, causing your
Pl Comdr to notice that something isn't quite right.

aside from the issue of 'it not issued to your unit' you are dealing with the issue of 'illegally modifying your issued firearm' just because the army issues ACOG to certain units for use on certain weapons, does not mean that you can just buy one and put it on.

oh, and some grumpy old Armourer Sgt might spot you. then you're F*cked.
just for giggles why don't you let me know what unit you are with and I'll give my opposite number a heads up.........

On the subject of ACOGs from Beechwood, they are second user units, when I got a serial No. from them to see how old it was, it was around 9yrs old- so almost pretty much at its half life (meaning the Tritium would be very dim, if visible at all)
Agreed, bound to end up with an interview without coffee and biscuits, from a purely practical perspective, you would need the adaptor rail for the A2.

Also anyone buying an ACOG, make sure you buy them from a reputable retail source (stay away from certain auction sites), by that I mean you must ensure it hasn't walked out of an Army base somewhere, the MOD Police are very active these days chasing down stolen MOD property, very good chance you will be prosecuted for receiving, with the subsequent very real danger of loosing your FAC as part of the bargain!

Not worth it.
Not a word said when I had a Singlepoint on my L1 way back when, and I doubt most bill oddies would just do this for the sake of it, its a lot of money to shell out only to have the thing in an evidence bag for a fizzer. Cut the man some slack FFS.

To the OP.

If you look in the coaching manual all the zeroing info for the SUSAT and ELCAN are there but no ACOG although as you know they are used (and I dont think the ELCAN data refers to the 1-4 DR). You might need an adaptor rail.

Dont discount the Elcan 1-4 DR. Its a 2 in one so no need for 2 head positions or 2 zeroes and its more compact. Its designed to work with NV, there is one for sale on here somewhere. It is also very easy to notch the elevation up or down if required.

You can go single red dot or ladder illumination although I doubt you would bother with the latter. The SUSAT is horrid!!!

But if you are familiar with the ACOG I will butt out and say be lucky ;)
SevenSixTwo

#34 Post by SevenSixTwo »

inderrajsingh wrote:Hi all,

After a genuine Acog Sight by Trijicon or a red dot by EOTech if anyone has any.

Many thanks
PM replied to, btw...