Magazine Conversion for Remny 700

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Magazine Conversion for Remny 700

#1 Post by Sim G »

Bought this last week for a project, it doesn't work unfortunately. ATI made, Legacy Sports distributed floor plate and a 223/204 detachable magazine. Both items are made from polymer and are nicely done. The floor plate uses your own action screws currently fitted.

Literally, take off the old floor plate, attach the new and bingo, detachable mag for you rifle!

South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies are doing these for 40 quid for the floor plate and 60 quid for the magazine.

Mag system for a Remington 700, short action, chambered in either .223 Remington or .204 Ruger. In as new condition. (Floor plate fitted, magazine filled and cycled. Taken off and put away!)

£80.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

Re: Magazine Conversion for Remny 700

#2 Post by Sim G »

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

maverick61

#3 Post by maverick61 »

Interested, but concerned by your comment 'it didn't work'!
I want to use it in a Bell & Carson stock for my Rem 700 tactical in 223, what was your project 7 why didn't it work?
Appreciate more detail before committing.
Thanks.

P.s. assume the mag is also used in a remington, it says Howa on the packet!
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Yes, the same mags are used in all of the floor plates, it's just that the Remington is the new option.

My project was simply to try this mag system with my Remy which is chambered in 6.8SPC. It didn't work, as the 6.8 hung up on the feed. Tried it with .223 and it fed perfectly. The calibre of my rifle was the issue.

Roger and Shelia have tested this system with a number of stocks including HS, Manners, Bell & Carlson and factory stocks and it's worked with all.

Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

A wee bump as thus gas now been put on a couple of other forums also.

maverick61

#6 Post by maverick61 »

You have PM. I'll take these if the £80 includes postage. Thanks.
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

And replied to.

Need to know what the score is as have a couple of others that also want this...

maverick61

#8 Post by maverick61 »

Yes I'll take it as per PM & will pay later this evening when I get home.
maverick61

#9 Post by maverick61 »

Payment made & PM'd my postal address to you.
Please let me know when they are posted.
Many thanks.
Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

SOLD