VZ58 metal/black plastic .223/5.56mm magazines

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
froggy

Re: VZ58 metal/black plastic .223/5.56mm magazines

#11 Post by froggy »

how many do you need ?
Brian838
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#12 Post by Brian838 »

Blackstuff wrote:Not at all! I've never had any issues running mine with the AR magwell adaptor (with either slightly modded Magpul E-mags or GI mags). Its just I've returned my VZ58 for some internal upgrades and a paint job (going black shakeshout ), and when I'd stripped all the stuff off my gun I quite liked it bare. It only takes a few minutes to switch the magwell parts out between the two so I want a couple of 30rd VZ mags for playing about with in its standard/basic configuration :good:

I'm going back to the stripped down layout on my VZ58. I've replaced the Vortex Spitfire and side mount with a Burris Fastfire on a scout rail where the rear sight sits.
..And as I haven't heard back anything regarding the CNC machined magwell adapter, I've decided to get hold of some the VZ 30rd mags and the extended mag release.
Sixshot6

#13 Post by Sixshot6 »

Brian838 wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:Not at all! I've never had any issues running mine with the AR magwell adaptor (with either slightly modded Magpul E-mags or GI mags). Its just I've returned my VZ58 for some internal upgrades and a paint job (going black shakeshout ), and when I'd stripped all the stuff off my gun I quite liked it bare. It only takes a few minutes to switch the magwell parts out between the two so I want a couple of 30rd VZ mags for playing about with in its standard/basic configuration :good:

I'm going back to the stripped down layout on my VZ58. I've replaced the Vortex Spitfire and side mount with a Burris Fastfire on a scout rail where the rear sight sits.
..And as I haven't heard back anything regarding the CNC machined magwell adapter, I've decided to get hold of some the VZ 30rd mags and the extended mag release.
I remember Scott telling me about a metal magwell, wasn't it the us distributor Czechpoint USA supposed to be doing that? Doesn't affect me now, I've got the 7.62x39 one and in the process of acquiring another Scout rail (I had the bc tactical on the 223 before it went) and I appear to be a bit closer, did you get yours from bc tactical as well?
Brian838
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#14 Post by Brian838 »

I looked into the metal magwell from Czechpoint USA but got no reply from them. I was referring to a request from a forum member for anyone who wanted CNC machining done and I thought a metal magwell would be a good idea but I didn't hear anything back. Yep, using the BC tactical mount and very happy with it!
Sixshot6

#15 Post by Sixshot6 »

Brian838 wrote:I looked into the metal magwell from Czechpoint USA but got no reply from them. I was referring to a request from a forum member for anyone who wanted CNC machining done and I thought a metal magwell would be a good idea but I didn't hear anything back. Yep, using the BC tactical mount and very happy with it!
Just as I thought, did you get it from BC tactical or somewhere else? I've been told to get back to them at the end of the month, last batch apparently due to a new VZ variant for the Canadian Market coming called the 958, that doesn't need the scout mount and comes with its own top railed cover http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... ed-canada/

But thankfully I'll get another one ordered at the end of the month, using my TRS 25 on a fab defense ali rail for now. Lots of things have been delayed a bit. Seems like stuff has been delayed for one reason or another.