Remington 700 Police LTR

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Remington 700 Police LTR

#1 Post by Sim G »

This one is going to make saddler poop himself..... He's not going to happy.

I have a Remington 700P LTR. (Light Tactical Rifle). This is a lightweight version of the big 700 Police which was designed for the more urban environment. It has a 20" wide fluted barrel and a slimmed down HS Precision stock. The stocks themselves have become very popular amongst Remy shooters.

The only addition I have made to this rifle is a KRG bolt lift knob. Surprising how much difference this non-permanent upgrade makes. So the rifle is completely original. It has fired less than 400 rounds and as can be seen from the photos, is in excellent condition.

Included in the package is a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 LR/T illuminated mil-dot scope. This is fitted using Leupold turn in rings and bases. The scope has Leupold Butler Creek flip up covers as well. It's in really nice condition, with perfect glass and working illumination. There is some small rubbing in the edge of the turrets, but nothing to write home about.

Now the "difference". When saddler worked for Edgar Brothers, he bought the test rifle that was brought in. At the time they only brought in one. He reckons there are now only a couple or three LTRs in the country in this caliber.....

6.8mm Remington SPC.

The 6.8mm was designed by US Special Forces for a caliber of greater "effect" than 5.56 NATO, but fired in the AR platform with all its attributes. Based on the .30 Remington case, with a 0.277" bullet was the outcome. (Ballistically very, very similar to the old .280 British round of the EM2 which the US discounted in the 50's!)

Simply put, this fits between the .223 and the .308. It will make deer legal energy levels and is just as much at home on the range with 115gn SMKs. It's a real nice round to use. Little recoil, more than tolerable blast and noise. Easy on the shoulder and using between 25 and 29 grains of powder, dependant, economical as well. I have had sub MOA groups at 200yds when everything comes together.
Ammo available if face to face, cases available otherwise.

This is a "proper" tactical bolt rifle.... :D O:-)

Package as described £1275. Rifle on its own £795.

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

Re: Remington 700 Police LTR

#2 Post by saddler »

The LTR I have was purchased long before my stint with the Macclesfield mob.
When there I found that mine was THE only one they imported...

I know of only THREE 6.8LTR's in the UK. Mine, this one, plus a third "grey import"; it seems the "grey imports" were possibly sourced in Germany

The 6.8SPC is an amazing cartridge - check out the 68Forum in the USA.
Very very good ballistic performance from the 6.8SPC - and easily reloaded with common .277" bullets - Hornady, Sierra, etc.
S&B make ammo, as does Hornady & quite a lot of others in the USA (but not brands you see in the UK)

These rifles are ideal to convert to the AICS type magazine system, in which case the polymer .223 magazines work very well with this cartridge.
These are around 40" oal so make for a very compact range or stalking rifle.

Happy to help any prospective buyer with my knowledge of this caliber...I went to it due to it's similarity to the EM-2 round, so did a lot of research prior to buying mine.
(My LTR is almost identical to the one above, though mine's now been threaded to 5/8"x24, so wears a SureFire 6.8 muzzle brake & accepts a moderator)

@SimG ....I take it your long lend of my 6.8 neck sizing dies will be coming to a close soon? Bloody professional borrower!!
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Lol! Yes it will. But if I keep the rifle, I keep the dies....!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sixshot6

#4 Post by Sixshot6 »

saddler wrote:The LTR I have was purchased long before my stint with the Macclesfield mob.
When there I found that mine was THE only one they imported...

I know of only THREE 6.8LTR's in the UK. Mine, this one, plus a third "grey import"; it seems the "grey imports" were possibly sourced in Germany

The 6.8SPC is an amazing cartridge - check out the 68Forum in the USA.
Very very good ballistic performance from the 6.8SPC - and easily reloaded with common .277" bullets - Hornady, Sierra, etc.
S&B make ammo, as does Hornady & quite a lot of others in the USA (but not brands you see in the UK)

These rifles are ideal to convert to the AICS type magazine system, in which case the polymer .223 magazines work very well with this cartridge.
These are around 40" oal so make for a very compact range or stalking rifle.

Happy to help any prospective buyer with my knowledge of this caliber...I went to it due to it's similarity to the EM-2 round, so did a lot of research prior to buying mine.
(My LTR is almost identical to the one above, though mine's now been threaded to 5/8"x24, so wears a SureFire 6.8 muzzle brake & accepts a moderator)

@SimG ....I take it your long lend of my 6.8 neck sizing dies will be coming to a close soon? Bloody professional borrower!!
So like the story Sim G comes into your house, borrows your things and returns them after a bit? Or is he more like Homer Simpson. Or is it a police privilege to "borrow" things as long as they want lol ?
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#5 Post by pe4king »

STB mate, you don't want 5 patios by any chance do you lol
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

pe4king wrote:STB mate, you don't want 5 patios by any chance do you lol
....I'd say he definitely needs decking!
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

Now advertised elsewhere as well...

saddler

#8 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:Now advertised elsewhere as well...
Aye, WE know!
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

LTR on its own, £745 or package £1225, RFD my end at my cost...