Old rifle 'scope wanted

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
ovenpaa

Old rifle 'scope wanted

#1 Post by ovenpaa »

I am looking for some older/period type rifle 'scopes to suit the following rifles:

Savage Model 5 Rimfire
Savage Model 23D 22 Hornet

Ideally they would be American manufactured from the 1940s-50s however European glass of a similar age would also be OK. Magnification and reticle type are not a problem not the external condition as long as they work.

I am not overly concerned about the tube diameter as I can machine my own rings to suit with external windage/elevation if needed however if something with rings turned up it would save me a lot of time on the machines :)

Anyone? I would much prefer to buy from a forum member as opposed to auction sites.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Old rifle 'scope wanted

#2 Post by mag41uk »

Bewildered on here did have one of these:
Attachments
Lyman_3.jpg
ovenpaa

#3 Post by ovenpaa »

Many thanks, I have PM'd him.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#4 Post by pe4king »

David
There are a couple of nice ones on airgunsbbs bloke is selling an old leupold and an ajack, decent price too
http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... ack-Scopes
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.