lee enfield .22 training rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
marko686

lee enfield .22 training rifle

#1 Post by marko686 »

Hi all my friend at the club is looking for .22 lee enfield training rifle must be excellent bore and good overall condition he has the money waiting on right one , only reason im asking on his behalf is because he is oap and not very good on the net . :)
Matt

Re: lee enfield .22 training rifle

#2 Post by Matt »

EFD rifles have one but it's a bit pricey, also keep an eye on highways classic arms website or give him a call as he seems to pick up some really nice stuff.

I've got a 22 smle and a 22 long Lee that are rather fun to own but the smle is more fun to shoot for some reason
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

I've got a .22 Mossberg WW2 issue rifle for sale.
It WAS an official "Lee Enfield .22 training rifle" as the Enfield made .22 trainers were from the WW1 era.

A good number of .303 rifles were converted to .22 by firms such as A J Parker post-war.
One of those may be a good find too
marko686

#4 Post by marko686 »

thanks for the replies guys he has called all the shops you have mentioned and none suit or most have been sold and he knows about parker redoing the barrels with a sleeve , also Mossberg is no good he has his heart set on the smle :)
marko686

#6 Post by marko686 »

All sorted now simon at highwood classic arms sorted my m8 tommy out with .22 smle , thanks for your replies.