Accuracy International AT

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: Accuracy International AT

#11 Post by Geek »

The Gun Pimp wrote:You're right - a man can never have too many rifles......
I have been thinking / looking into this, unable to obtain a secondhand AT and a new AI in 6.5CM is £4100, a bit hard to justify with already having bought a new AT. So I am considering a Ruger PR in 6.5CM - what do you think? I would value your opinion.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Activ8

#12 Post by Activ8 »

Geek, have you had a hold of the RPR? We have a few in, in .308 if you want to have a look. I know it's not the calibre you're after but gives you an idea. Steve
Gundoc

#13 Post by Gundoc »

Geek wrote:
I have been thinking / looking into this, unable to obtain a secondhand AT and a new AI in 6.5CM is £4100, a bit hard to justify with already having bought a new AT. So I am considering a Ruger PR in 6.5CM - what do you think? I would value your opinion.

Got you thinking then...
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Geek »

Gundoc wrote:
Geek wrote:

Got you thinking then...
You have :)

As we discussed at Rossendale on Sunday, thinking about a Ruger PR (with a 6-24 Vortex scope) and another 6.5CM barrel for my AI.

Don't forget what we discussed on Sunday and can you please send me a copy of the information on your iPad (i.e. the target info).
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#15 Post by Geek »

Gundoc wrote:
Geek wrote:

Got you thinking then...
Ruger 6.5CM bought today :) just can't find any ammunition :(
Regards,

Geek

WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#16 Post by WelshShooter »

Geek wrote: Ruger 6.5CM bought today :) just can't find any ammunition :(
It's definitely a "handload" caliber if you want to shoot it in any quantity. All ammunition I've seen has been over £1.00 a round, which would be a bit expensive for my blood.

http://www.dauntseyguns.co.uk/products.php?cat=13360

FYI, I handload 6.5x47 Lapua and it costs around 50p per round using Hornady A-Max or Lapua Scenar's so it's definitely worth considering!
ovenpaa

#17 Post by ovenpaa »

Welshooter, are you shooting the 123 Amax in your 6,5X47 and if so how do they perform versus the 123 Scenar if you have tried them.

The CM seems quite cheap, try buying factory 6,5x47 Lapua...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#18 Post by WelshShooter »

Ovenpaa wrote:Welshooter, are you shooting the 123 Amax in your 6,5X47 and if so how do they perform versus the 123 Scenar if you have tried them.

The CM seems quite cheap, try buying factory 6,5x47 Lapua...
I'd dread to think how much they would cost! In the US factory ammunition is around $3.50 per round, so must be easily £5 per round over here.

I use both the 123gr A-Max and 123gr Scenar. I find that the Scenar's prefer a short jump to the lands (~0.003")compared to the A-max (~0.015"). Velocity wise, the Scenar's are a bit faster (only talking ~40fps or so) with the same load of Reload Swiss RS60. Accuracy wise not much difference short range. However, due to the slightly higher BC and velocity of the Scenar's (Scenar G1 = .527 versus A-max G1 = .510) I find them better for long range shooting as the wind drift of the A-max is noticeable compared to the Scenar. This makes sense due to the lower velocity and lower BC. I'm shooting at Fig 11's so it's not a deal breaker for me, I bought the A-max's because they were at a good price (~£26 per hundred) from a local supplier so snapped a few hundred up when I had the chance. I buy my Lapua bullets from Germany in bulk at a rate of around £25 per hundred (1k minimum purchase) but the turnaround time can be long. I needed a short term fix in order to shoot my rifle.